Ford Ranger Forums banner

Ranger vs. Bronco II vs. F100

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I assume you are talking about the old F100 and not the rumored one right?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I'm still gonna go with Ranger... I think the F100 (if it ends up being a mid-sized truck) is a bad idea on Ford's part:

1. Gas prices are likely to go up... the gas mileage provided by the Ranger is great for a truck
2. Ford is alone in the category of small sized pickup - no competition
3. I'm sure there's more, just cant think of any... LOL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Okay that helps. Im still stuck on the Ranger then. The F100 was a great base for the Ranger but the Ranger is where they got a new kind of truck. The F100 was not only grounds for the Ranger but for also the F150.

And keep in mind the fact that ford has ecoboost so mpg is still good with much much more power, rngrdanny.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
If you're talking old, then I'd go with the F100...

I'm just concerned that the current price difference between and Ranger and F150 is also very slim... a top of the line Ranger costs just less than a very nice F150...

How much you wanna bet Ford jacks the price up on these F100's because they will be "mid-size" to compete with the Tacoma...I dont think Ford would sell very many as consumers would rather choose the F150

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Very true but if you look into what ford is doing then you might see that they arent 100% after everyday consumers... its the fleet sales and technology also. The transit is a huge hit will small businesses because of the technology that is in that thing for a company and it has good mpg for a utility vehicle. There are fleet F-150s that are great for a business and also has the technology going into the big brother F-250. What about the companies that dont need that much power with not so great mpg from the F150/ F250, and comapnies that need more power than the transit with the same mileage and more of a truck vehicle rather than a utility van(excluding the E-series). Ford will possibly be able to meet the needs of companies that need a small truck with the power of that F150 and the mileage of the Transit with a ecoboost F100.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
probly the same decision Ford is trying to weigh... one hand, you have this and on the other hand, you have that...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Yep. Should be interesting what happens. Ford has made great decisions in the past few years so I trust what they are doing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Another die hard ranger fan. There's quite a few businesses up here that use rangers, probably for reliability. Another 4 ranger owners in the local neighborhood, quite satisfied with their trucks as well.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Most of the businesses around here use them too. they are all over the place... very few places use Nissan Frontiers instead, which are nice trucks but its not a Ranger!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Alot of places around here use Rangers and a couple even still use S10's...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I dont even see s10s. all of the small trucks are Rangers

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Caus they're BUILT FORD TOUGH!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
one of the guys tonight brought an s10 to the mustang meeting tonight... i wanted to slash his tires! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts