Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin that I really want to build a flatbed for my ranger cause I am always beating the piss out of my box. I want to make a GOOD flat bed not one out of wood I mean like a utility serious **** bed lol. Now my question is Do you guys think it would be a pliable idea to sell to the public. Would there be any interest for somebody to buy one for what ever use. Weather your box is rotted off or you just dont wanna mess up your box. I was thinking about doin a base model for like 1100 bucks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The benifit for me is I got hook ups at both the local steel shop and at the powder coaters. With lights powdercoated and welded all up a close estimate is around 700 to build and coat so if I could make 400 off it I would be happy.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
your happy now bro but after one or two your going to see how much work it is. and then ppl are going to say well can you give it to me for this price and sure you might go lower the first time or two but then it hits you i freaking busted my assssss building them. I MAKE YOU BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO YOU GET POWDER COAT AND STEEL BUT WHAT ABOUT WIRE AND GAS TO WELD AND POWER TO WELD AND GRIND AND COST OF GAS TO TAKE IT TO THE POWDER COATER AND TO GET IT BACK HOME. THEN THE COST OF LIGHTS TO PUT INTO IT AND WIRE HARNESS TO HOOK UP THE AFTERMARKET LIGHTS TO THERES. AND THE TIME YOU HAVE TO SPEND ON IT. sorry forgot to take off the caps lol but really its alot of work.

here is what i truly think build one or two and keep track of every cent then tack on your hours and a few bucks for cost of power. then add the cost of a tank of argon or mix what ever you use and the cost of a spool of wire and grinding disk. anything i miss? just make a detailed list of all the cost. give yourself 10-15 bucks an hour(just to make your time a cost cuz it would be at that time). and then tack on $400 and see what your ttl is. oooo almost forgot if you have to pay to get it to the powder coat place add that cost wether its your gas or a friends.

now you tell us if its worth it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I see where your commin from. I need that everynow and then to keep myself in check. I used to build a lot of custom exhaust but now I think I have built them and made some cash off everyone in town so that ran dry. Now I am tryin to get my fabrication shop open so my freind doesnt have to bail on the property has has now when he expands his company. We were thinking about doin custom semis and sellin them. That and I am still tryin to get the word out for the custom drop and lifts goin but word of mouth is slow as fuck lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts