Ford Ranger Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
That's exactly what we need to avoid here! We want to be able to attract more "experts" in our field. From the research I've done, most will not come to a site that is either:

1. Not organized
2. Doesn't have enough members
3. Doesn't get enough traffic
4. Has too many random discussions

Plum, in your opinion, does it matter if there are plenty of random discussions in the Off-Topic thread? Are you only referring to the tech boards having too much going on?
gezzzzzzzzz boss man you flip it fast on us with this on. at the start you ask to clam down and do the right thing i agree with you there fully understand where you came from. now you got some crazy tweak when plum posted his. experts man thats a funny word really it is. think about it when you say ex what are you talking about? i say its the past right? but when you look up the deff it says( somebody skilled or knowledgeable: somebody with a great deal of knowledge about, or skill, training, or experience in, a particular field or activity). well hell thats most of us then. i didnt come here cuz you tidedy the place up and organized it. sure didnt make it cuz of your members cant say you had traffic like crazy ether. so why am i here why is dyll and olford still here. cuz we care. we want to see this site grow. we want to help our self and others.

we all try to help one another with open arms and helpful minds. im still here and posting strong becuz you have off topic discussions. now do i want to start a topic on brakes to end up with broken parts but learning you use pink watermelon comdoms NOOOOOOOOOOOO. do i spend most of my time thinkin talkin and driving ranger HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YES. is that what i learned all my know how from. phock NO i have worked on all kinds of things motorized and not. im a jack of all trades and knowing one helps in the other.

its nice how you single out plum for his opinion skilled he is but he is mind set on trs your letting one guy make up your mind for you. when you started what did you have in mind building your idea of helpful or trs2. you hear ppl say well this site is like this and my other ranger site does it this way. well think about that for a min if that site is so freaking good why are we here starting another one. if there site is so good why do we sit here wanting to try to make it different and better. ask your self admin your the boss we are just the voices in your head trying to get our ideas out but at least some of us are tryin to get our ideas out. we are not trying to copy what someone else failed at.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Im gonna have to agree with BADINTEN with this stuff... We need to have a uniqueness to this site and not create another TRS... theres already one of those... sure its good but maybe people are looking for something else... FordRanger.net needs to be special in its own way... I know im not an "expert" on my truck but I do know a lot and im still learning. I like learning from everyone on this forum but from my experience on a different forum that I wont name, these "experts" can seem snobby and pissy if you ask the same question that was asked a month ago and little bs like that... That kind of person that thinks they are better than everyone else cuz they know 10 cents on a topic gets annoying and is the main reason my name doesnt pop up there much anymore... thats just my 2 cents for the "experts" out there.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Dyllan said:
In my opinion, it clutters the new unread threads, me being ocd abou reading them all, gets annoying. Thats why i say limit it to a few in off-topic, so we can read it all at once.
ok dyll i got to come after you on this one bro. you need to make up your mind one min you want it organized to make it easyer to find what your looking for. the next min you want to compacted to make less new topics so you can try and read everything. how do you expect to find what your looking for if we keep all of the talk in one or to off topic post. yes we bs in there but we have good info that is not ranger related in them i dont have to tell you my favorite music but i like to hear what other ppl listen to also and we post back and forth. now if i talk about music in the off topic area and decide i want to know you favorite burger joint should that be in the same post to make it easyer on your eyes so there are less topics or do you want it in different topics so you can find the info for that burger joint with out having to go through all the music stuff. its a catch 22 buddy. we are all eager to get this off the ground and you have some great ideas and wonderful insight when it comes to rbv. stick your ground try not to leap from rock to rock changing your mind

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
PlumCrazy said:
If the "random chatter" stays in the off topic section, then chances are "experts" will never know it exists. I have noticed on most sites that you rarely see the "experts" posting in the off topic sections. They tend to overlook the section and only post in the threads that amount to more than useless chatter. I have also noticed that most of the knowledgeable members on different sites rarely have an insanely large post count. They tend to answer questions or post their findings with little to no BS.
you just need to look around more it all depends on the person or the bs chatter ppl are talking about some ppl only get on when that started helping someone so they get them all the info they can. others might get on to see what is out there in the world. there are two forums i have never posted on i just wanted to read what was being said and might never post on cuz i only have some much time. just becuz you dont see them doing does not mean you see every thing there doing bro. i spend alot of time on this site tryin to help but i spend time on threee other forums just to listen i dont have time to post there also with my already busy life.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
Very true... Right now, I'm going through some of the threads that have gotten out of hand, locking them, and moving them to a hidden board so nobody loses their post counts...

From this point on, we can put these principles in place... I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to make sure people feel welcome when they stop by! ;D
again i understand your not being mean but if you have to hide it you might as well just delete it boss man. we did have good notes in the slotted brakes section and if no one can see the good work we had done we might as well not have the post points for it. can we copy paste parts of that or put it back and i will remove my off topic stuff.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Dyllan said:
Sounds good, and Plum i do say im guilty of the same thing. Sometimes it is just quicker to get through BII.org
ok so this is the last post on this one before i have to go after my self on this topic but we all go to other sites even the admin. we know the fall back site so we return to it we have looked for something there so many time we know how to find it. what we are starting here can be the next big thing or a flat out bust. we have to try as a team to bring it together the only thing that we are missing is some cold drinks NAKED WOMEN hot wings and a ranger meet. most of us are becoming friends if only for the fact that we love our ranger based ride guys we have to figure it out but its not going to happen over night

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
BADINTEN, you make some very good points! I personally think the way you guys are handling the off topic section is fine... I was really just referring to a couple threads that were in the tech-related sections that had a lot of the same content and "chatter" that was in some of the off-topic threads. Namely the threads about drilled/slotted rotors, the cold air intake, and the fender flares...

I'm not saying the conversations were negative in any way, just that we started talking about one thing and ended up on another. People were asking questions in the middle of the thread that should have been made into new threads all together.

I totally want this place to be unique. I'm not looking for a clone of all the other Ranger sites. One thing that bothers the hell out of me on those sites is that when someone asks a question that gets asked all the time, what's everyones response? "use the search feature"... The problem with that is the fact that after the question is asked 5 more times with the same response, guess what the search feature is full of.... you guessed it, threads that consistently say the same message... "use the search feature"...

I want people to be able to come here and get the help they need and also meet new friends. Thus the reason for creating the "Regional Meets" section and having an off-topic section.

Not everyone is going to have the same opinions on how the forum should be run, but not everyone can be pleased... I'll do my best, but from time to time, things like this might come up.

But I do want to say that Plum and Dyllan also made very good points that the board was beginning to get conjested with off-topic content in inappropriate areas (LOL... sounded funny).

I'm a full believer that every topic should have it's own thread and I do agree with you BADINTEN, that we should try and avoid one massive thread that talks about everything because if you miss it for a day, you would have to go back through 20+ pages to figure out what was talked about...

You guys are doing a great job! The site will morph into its own, it's just going to take time!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
im not trying to put anyone down i just dont want the site to do what the others are doing and turning away needy ppl. i agree with you on the chatter but like i stated i will be happy to pull those post off if your able to bring it back. alot of post are hard to go through but think about this i may post alot at night for you guys to have to go through in the morning but what will you say when you have 1000 ppl posting one thing know what i mean yes its alot to sort out but its just the start to a whole new world.

there are so many things to say you cant just throw them in one topic and say done guys it can only get bigger from here.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I know you dont mean anything by it.

Also, I'm gonna remove that stuff from your signature... I'm going to adjust mine to include some house rules that everyone should follow. ;D

I want you to be able to put stuff about your truck there!

The Hulk Hogan pic is funny though... LOL

·
Registered
753 Posts
We need a chat room, where a couple guys can mess around all day, and the rest can discard when they get off work and want to find what theyre looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Are you saying like another board down by the "Regional Meets"?

I think that's about all I can do... there's not a way to add a "chat room" per say to the the forum, but I can create a new board...

Remember that if chatting is all you want to do, we do have the "message" feature and anyone can give out their AIM or any other IM information and chat to each other that way...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok, gotcha!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I cleared it so you could put something about your truck there... I'll put the house rules in mine so you dont have to sacrifice your signature... LOL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
sacrifice... Creed- "My Sacrifice"... another great song... whoops! sorry boss... hehe... ADHD kicking again!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts