Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've noticed that we seem to be getting off topic a lot lately on some of the more tech related threads. Can we try to stay on topic when someone asks a tech question? That way if someone tries to search the forum later, they can find their answer easier.

Lets leave all the crazy chatter in the off-topic section!

And I know you guys are crazy... LOL ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
yes mother... just kidding... ill try, not sure if BADINTEN can... hes a bad influence! lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL... I can tell by some of the posts he's made ;D

J/k BADINTEN!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Well if hes the mother, then im the father... jk, thats weird.

But i have to say i do agree. I like the chatter, but i think it would be easier to use the forum if we kept it to a few topics. Not every topic. We can use the everything goes thread, or we could even create a chat thread. Then when we find something random to say in a tech section, we can move to a chat section to say it.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Dyllan said:
ummm... yeah about that... hmmm

lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good point Dyllan!

So let's just make sure we try to stick to the topic that has been posted in all the categories except for off-topic... anything can go there ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
okay... it may slip every now and then naturally but ill try!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it slips out time to time for everyone! All forums are like that!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
Well it slips out time to time for everyone!
thats what she said... sorry, dyllan put that on one post and it just came to mind with that line... sorry... hehe

·
Registered
559 Posts
I a
rngrdanny22 said:
Hey guys, I've noticed that we seem to be getting off topic a lot lately on some of the more tech related threads. Can we try to stay on topic when someone asks a tech question? That way if someone tries to search the forum later, they can find their answer easier.

I agree 100%, Experienced and knowledgeable people steer away from sites that have more random discussions than real tech information and questions. I have noticed myself lately spending less and less time here, and more and more time back on TRS.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's exactly what we need to avoid here! We want to be able to attract more "experts" in our field. From the research I've done, most will not come to a site that is either:

1. Not organized
2. Doesn't have enough members
3. Doesn't get enough traffic
4. Has too many random discussions

Plum, in your opinion, does it matter if there are plenty of random discussions in the Off-Topic thread? Are you only referring to the tech boards having too much going on?

·
Registered
753 Posts
In my opinion, it clutters the new unread threads, me being ocd abou reading them all, gets annoying. Thats why i say limit it to a few in off-topic, so we can read it all at once.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If the "random chatter" stays in the off topic section, then chances are "experts" will never know it exists. I have noticed on most sites that you rarely see the "experts" posting in the off topic sections. They tend to overlook the section and only post in the threads that amount to more than useless chatter. I have also noticed that most of the knowledgeable members on different sites rarely have an insanely large post count. They tend to answer questions or post their findings with little to no BS.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very true... Right now, I'm going through some of the threads that have gotten out of hand, locking them, and moving them to a hidden board so nobody loses their post counts...

From this point on, we can put these principles in place... I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to make sure people feel welcome when they stop by! ;D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:

i have alot to say after reading this so you will see alot of post from me on this topic. i fully understand what your talking about its hard to stay on task some time so i will keep my nonsense or nonrbv stuff in the off topic area i love what your tryin to do with the site and want to help out how ever i can.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Olfordtruck said:
yes mother... just kidding... ill try, not sure if BADINTEN can... hes a bad influence! lol
as stated before i will be postin it up in this forum or topic. funny i am and most of you guys can take and crack a joke and for sure can be a bad influence. but when something like this comes up the man(admin and some others plum). dont want jokes to be popped out. no matter how funny it can be buddy

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Dyllan said:

But i have to say i do agree. I like the chatter, but i think it would be easier to use the forum if we kept it to a few topics. Not every topic. We can use the everything goes thread, or we could even create a chat thread. Then when we find something random to say in a tech section, we can move to a chat section to say it.
ok just wrong lol funny but wrong( how did the admin jump in mommy seat) ether way nasty. as for the chatter thats the whole reason we have an off topic is to just talk now your (dyllan) wanting to set up alot of sub post,topics, or subcatagorys like i kinda talked about before that you jump at fast to shoot down the idea. off topic= anything not doing with ranger based stuff

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
[quote author=PlumCrazy link=topic=137.msg1914#msg1914 date=1259729627
[/quote]

I agree 100%, Experienced and knowledgeable people steer away from sites that have more random discussions than real tech information and questions. I have noticed myself lately spending less and less time here, and more and more time back on TRS.
[/quote]

ok so much to say here im on this site non stop since i started and your statement is not 100% true.your going back to trs for tons of reasons not just becuz we are bull shitting and talking random. you have friends on trs you talk to on the reg dont you? are they all part of this site or do you talk to them on that one?you spend less and less time here cuz your posting all your stuff and using the info you have. there are topics that you have not posted on that are in need of help and we didnt bs in that topic so why have you not helped. the point of this site and so many other forums ranger or not is to help get the word out on new or old fix, tricks, toys, builds, gadgets, info, meetings, and ppl.

your not spending time here cuz you dont want to you cam e we said great job you got your kudos and you bolted. coming back when you see something that you can put .01 cent towards. your a bright guy for sure school wize prob a hell of alot smarter than me congrats to you. but i myself have tons of know how and exp in cars, trucks, houses, buggys, painting, games, jokes, and just life all together and i steer towards places just like this to find really ppl that are living there life. we have real tech (thanking you for parts of that tech) and we have real questions but we also have the bs that comes with them. you never worked on your truck and stop for a min when someone started a funny joke?

should we keep the bs down in areas of really tech ya but jokes come up and so do random ? just out of the blue. yes there needs to be rules but stop being anal man. you have great info to share dont blame others for your going to another site i didnt make you click it. i left the other forums cuz of ppl trying to over organize every thing and gettting no place fast. things are going to get asked millions of time your best to just say LOOK AT THE STICKIES.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts