Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they came in the mail this past Thursday and I got to go on base to the Auto Hobby Shop today to put them on... heres the pics!

These shocks feel great! The truck no longer leans into corners, the nose doesnt feel like it gonna eat gravel when you brake hard, big potholes dont feel brutal, and the overall ride quality is great! It handles great and the suspension is now nice and still instead of loose.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
did they give you a sticker with them

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
fordzilla said:
nevermind i never seen it in the first pic,, in that case good deal lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fordzilla said:
fordzilla said:
nevermind i never seen it in the first pic,, in that case good deal lol
Im gonna clean it up this coming week and put them on the back ones... ill just hold onto the other two stickers cuz you cant see the front ones anyways.

Demon-FX4 said:
Yea, I got the zip ties right here and am gonna do that the same time I do the stickers.

I love these shocks guys! The make the truck handle sooo good! Before when I turned hard into a fast corner the truck would lean hard and the rear axle would hop. Now the truck holds the stance and the rear sticks and when it breaks traction it slides instead of skipping. Best $160 ive spend in a long ass time!
u need to zip tie the boots on them so it actully keeps them clean and looks great man real nice

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have those too but they are like 6 years old and worn out and rusty now. i gonna get another set soon but ones that have more travel.

p.s. why not yellow boots?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ok thats good. because you know, the real gain are in stickers!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RICO9 said:
p.s. why not yellow boots?
Im gonna order them down the road but right now its not a huge deal for me. I just wanted to get them on now.

fordzilla said:
ok thats good. because you know, the real gain are in stickers!
Every sticker is 5hp!!! LOL

·
Registered
984 Posts
looks good ..my 2 cents is no on the boots and put the stickers in the back window not on the shock. under some hard driving the sticker can make a hot spot in the shock and could prematurely fail .and the boots just trap the dirt and water right on top of you seal another premature fail. you dont see boots and sticker s on racetrucks . i have to agree on the handling though i have had a few sets and dont mind them

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Pictures look great! Were they easy to install? I've had my share of snapped shock studs (granted that was on the pre-98 models)!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
sloue said:
looks good ..my 2 cents is no on the boots and put the stickers in the back window not on the shock.
under some hard driving the sticker can make a hot spot in the shock and could prematurely fail .
I didn't know this, good to know.
and the boots just trap the dirt and water right on top of you seal another premature fail .
I've heard the same, the boots collect fine dust and grit and wear down the chrome, then your seals go
you dont see boots and sticker s on racetrucks . i have to agree on the handling though i have had a few sets and dont mind them
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Ditto... great points sloue!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i had the shock boots off the front of my dirtbike and when i put them on all it did was keep the dirt in there like sloue said and now i need new front forks(shocks)

·
Registered
984 Posts
the best place for shock boots is the shifter!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well thats good to know! It will be a while before I can get to doing that but ill have to do it. Never even thought about dirst getting trapped in them. And after a week with them installed I am very happy with them. Handling is amazing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts