Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so does any happen to know which solenoid in the 01 ranger 3.0 is the od solenoid? i have 4 of these in the transmission and no need to take a crap shoot and have to drain the pan 3 times more.

looking at the transmission from under the car and the engine is to my left the solenoids are on the left side front corner. which one is the one for the od. i took out the left most one just to see what they look like as i see 2 parts listed for my transmission in rock auto.

the guy i got it from told me it shifts hard when real cold outside. so while i'm chainging the fluid i will repair that but i donw't need to just get 4 of them. one should do it but what one? thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i got a bunch of pictures and found a reman tag on the transmission the number on the tag is (1l5z-7000-aarm) which is a ford reman unit it still does not tell me much but that i should have the 5r44e transmission. i have 4 solenoids along the drivers side and 2 along the passenger side of the transmission. but i still don't know which solenoid is the one for the od light that flashes when the unit is freezing and causes the hard shifts at that time. maybe someone here can tell me what solenoid i need to change out. again thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts