Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

i was due to pickup my 13k miles 2020 Ford Ranger Wildtrak.

Before handing over the car the dealer did a inspection check to ensure everything was good, it came up with a EGR error.

The car is under warranty still (till 2022) so its booked in with Ford on Friday to be looked at.

Should i be concerned? From what i read its quite common and seems to be an issue with the deposit build up, maybe it just needs a good clean / blast out if its been sitting for a while?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It needs a new EGR valve (they are not expensive). My Wildtrak had the same fault. The dealer told me they had cleaned the valve and cleared the fault.

I told them this is not a fix approved by Ford and the part should be replaced, which they then did.

Make sure they replace the valve, ask them to keep, and show you, the old valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It needs a new EGR valve (they are not expensive). My Wildtrak had the same fault. The dealer told me they had cleaned the valve and cleared the fault.

I told them this is not a fix approved by Ford and the part should be replaced, which they then did.

Make sure they replace the valve, ask them to keep, and show you, the old valve.
perfect thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts