Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, one other tip I was given along the way was the Power Lynz. These are screw threads inside your intake port. They create a boundry layer to increase velocity of the port, thereby increasing torque. Also any unatomized droplets will hit the grooves and wick out to better atomize. These I have not tested yet. But as you can see in my Sportster head, testing will be done shortly.

As always, questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Definitely interested in your results.

Richard

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You and me both. The worst thing is, I won't be able to tell what mods had which results. But I do know of 2 other people who put the Edelbrock Performer RPM kit on their Sportsters. The only difference between my bike and theirs will be the headwork. Both complain of pinging even with 93 octane. Both people put the heads on completely unmodified. So with all these mods I have a great baseline comparison with 2 different machines. I plan to apply all these mods to the heads for my Ranger as well.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yes, I wish I had the time and facilities to do r+d. I'm just going off of other peoples 'results' in building my race truck. And most, if not all, info is geared to the newest 'expensive' solutions. I can't really fault the developers of any such 'stuff', it costs time and money to develop 'stuff', which they can't recoup by giving the info away. In other words, I just don't have time to do one mod at a time and then record results and repeat. Anyways, good luck,

Richard

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't say many of us can afford to do one mod at a time then test our results. I just lucked out that I know 2 bikes with exactly the same configuration as mine, just no mods. So I will see what effect the total head mods made. I could have the kit installed sometime early November... Seeing as I'm in Canada and it's a motorcycle... Testing is weather dependent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts