·
Registered
3,411 Posts
hell, i might look into that soon!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
i bought myself a present for those cold winter mornings.

I guess I should have done it when I drained the coolant for the thermostat last week.:dunno:

I also went out and played in the snow a little bit

The headlights arent that dull, they were covered in nasty gray slush from my 2 hr drive. i had the parking lights on so the ice melted off them and made them look all pretty.lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I had to take my skid off so I could tack another one together. I decided to go ahead and add the gussets to mine and the new one I was making.

I dont have any pictures of it on the truck since the paint was still drying when I left for school.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
TS6034 said:
Those things look awesome! You should market them.
I am working on it. I just made one for a guy on TRS and I am working on another one and getting a jig setup so I dont have to use my truck every time.

I am selling them for 100 + shipping and they come with the longer bolts for the diff.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I finally got around to installing my new radio bezel with dual 12v outlets. When I found it at the JY I was so excited it took me forever to find a decent one outlet 2wd bezel with no extra buttons/switches. This one is flawlass and the vents dont flop down like my old one and the rubber coating/paint isnt all scuffed up. I pulled power from on of the extra mini fuse slots in the fuse box I added above the glove box.

I was playing around at my buddy's house night and we decided to go wheeling at midnight in his woods (on old quad trails.lol) This is when discovered that the regular trapezoid sealed beam bulbs I had under my doors werent cutting it. So I swapped them out for some yellow foglight bulbs I had from the old 2wd. These bulbs put out a lot wider more controlled beam. When I get a chance to stop by NAPA I will pic up some true flood light bulbs to put in there as well as on the rear.

I also decided to sand down the fading chrome above my grille and shoot it with some spray on chrome. I picked the paint up cheap and I honestly doubted that it would turn out any brighter than silver spray paint. But it didnt turn out to bad. I sprayed it down with adhesion promoter prior to the chrome paint, then I plan to spray some clear over it when it is good and dry.

Before

After

-PlumCrazy

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Looks killer man! The grill turned out really good!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Why do you want to know, You got a problem with it?lol jk.

No reason really. I made the mesh one for my old 2wd because the tailgate was rusty and dented. When I bought this truck I swapped it over. It makes backing up easier. With lifted truck looking out the back window leaves a pretty big blind spot (any where within 10 ft of the tailgate lol). I have a perfect blue tailgate for it at home. I kinda like the rugged look, and it is awesome when you have to make a 30 point turn on a tight trail. Another plus is there is no worries about dents and scratches. I thought about putting the stocker back on, but I havnt done it yet.

-PlumCrazy

·
Registered
585 Posts
lol i was just wondering, but i get the backing up part, it make sense.

41 - 60 of 226 Posts