Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i just used my tuner from jet performance that I got for christmas today and so far its worked awesome! Theres an easy tune option that lets me pick what gas type I use and then it does the rest from there, im gonna start using better gas but just by using the programmer alone I dropped my 0-60 time 2 seconds! I expect that it will be even better when i upgrade my gas. It also is fully customizable with shift point, rev limiter remover, speedometer and alot more! But just wanted to let you guys know anyone thinking of getting a tuner i would suggest to do so! BTW would I have to jump on a dyno to get my current top HP or is there another way?? Thanks Guys!

P.S the tuner is also a scanner like the scan gauge so I dont need that anymore! haha And its Vehicle specific which kinda sucks if i ever wanted to sell it cuz id have to call and tell them and send it in etc...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I figured, how much is a session on that usually?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
For a red neck dyno you can use mph in the 1/4. Just paint some lines and do some runs to get a baseline. If you increase your mph, you have increased your HP.

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
but thats not giving you the hp numbers. as for the cost have no idea its different for most areas you have to ask around your town

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
BADINTEN said:
but thats not giving you the hp numbers.
That's true, but it does tell you if you've improved or not. There are also calculators that you can use to estimate HP once you plug in a few #'s;
http://www.4lo.com/calc/dynocalc.htm

Richard

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
thats messed up i just seen it say ford ranger forums.net on his sig pic

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
LOL... oh well...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOOOPPPS! SORRY GUYS MY MISTAKE!!!!! Ill fix it right away lol I mean FR.NET my bad!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
LOL... no problem man! Technically, you're still right as I actually own the domain for fordrangerforum.net... the other site is FRF.com... haha

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
o **** i didnt even know that you should also get FR.Net i can turn out stickers for that for a $1 a piece lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
FR.net isn't available... and two-letter domain names cost a FORTUNE!

FR.net would probably cost in the $800,000 to $1,500,000 range... haha!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
o **** thats crazy you know what sucks ass is you have to pay for a name that no one have came up with yet still crazy

·
Registered
711 Posts
hey 02, are your rims the same color as your truck or am i seeing things? if they are, COOL! if not and they're black, STILL COOL!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts