Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I paint my grill every year to give it a fresh black look but there is also the radiator tunner right behind the grill that fades. I had never painted it before and that ungly faded black behind the nice grill finally got to me so I did some painting. Enjoy!

Ford semi-gloss black paint

Forgot to get a pic of it with the grill on but its pretty much how you would expect it to be.... black.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks good. Did you even paint the trans cooler? Also, did you forget to grab some pics of your pullies while you had the camera out?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i did paint the trans cooler... i didnt feel like covering it up. lol

Crap! I got nothing to do tomorrow so ill take pics with my phone tomorrow of the pullies!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, tomorrow man! I got nothing to do so ill do it! gotta take the intake tube off to get a decent pic of it!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Why dont you put a Clear Coat on it? Wouldn't a clear coat keep it from fading?

But I dont know.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ArcticOutlaw said:
Why dont you put a Clear Coat on it? Wouldn't a clear coat keep it from fading?

But I dont know.
The semi-gloss paint has some of the clear enamel in it so its really resistant to weathering.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yea, but you mentioned, that you re-paint it every year, wouldn't it be easier to just clear coat it, and not worry?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant the grill, not the tunnel. My mistake. The paint doesn't fade at all, its the rocks that chip it. Rocks wont make it to the tunnel enough to repaint all the time... the grill on the other hand gets torn up and paint chipped off from rocks and such.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Rhino line the beast.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would take forever with the honeycomb grill plus I like having the black gloss paint thats smooth. It not hard to repaint it....takes a day or two.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you want to make it stand out try the satin black like when a ride gets the murdered out look i have a secret place to by it for ten dollars a qt and its the same kind the auto paint store uses

1 - 14 of 14 Posts