Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting in my tailgate handle and oil change I decided to go ahead and paint up my truck! Here it goes...

First I sanded everything down I needed to with 400 grit sandpaper. Took 2 hours fully sand down the tow package and exhaust piping...

I didnt get any pics of it fully sanded or the area masked off since I was so excited and completly forgot... LOL

Heres the finished products!!!

And the what used to be ugly exhaust...

What do you guys think? Im sure a lot of people are saying its about time after looking at pictures of the ugly looking tow package, rear axle, and exhaust.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, all black paint on the tow bar and rear axle was Duplicolor Rust Tough Semi-Flat black spary paint. The black on the muffler was Black ceramic heat coating rattle can and the exhaust pipe/ tip was Aluminum ceramic heat coating rattle can.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man. It is pretty amazing how much cleaner the truck can look with a little spray paint.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. Im gonna be going on a dry spell for a while though due to money and all. Figured I would do some cheap things like this.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Muuuuuch better!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Im enjoying my much cleaner look!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It sure does! My mom just came into town today and I was showing off all my work to her as soon as she got here. Im proud of it! LOL ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man! Shes not even into cars like me and my dad and she likes it! LOL :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats how mine is most of the time.

·
Registered
984 Posts
now that black chrome looks really good .hit it all with a coat or two of clear and it will clean up way better and wont scuff as bad. they call Mr Tremclad round these parts they say i know a rattle can :D :D :D. they sure bug me about it :D. it looks so much better.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rattle can clear coat on the tow package and axle? Ill look into doing that if it makes it better!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts