17K views 44 replies 7 participants last post by  gryghin 
#1 ·
North-West Coast includes
Washington
Oregon
Northern California
Northern Nevada

#4 ·
I know there is only two of us on here so far but anyone stopping by checking out the sie or just joining we have a monthly meet @ Famous dave's in Everett Washington every first sat of each month. We gather around 6:30pm, check out everyones rides mabye grab a bit to eat and if the weather isnt to crazy go for a cruise around town. Hope many of you can make it!!

#6 ·
91CFR said:
I know there is only two of us on here so far but anyone stopping by checking out the sie or just joining we have a monthly meet @ Famous dave's in Everett Washington every first sat of each month. We gather around 6:30pm, check out everyones rides mabye grab a bit to eat and if the weather isnt to crazy go for a cruise around town. Hope many of you can make it!!
Just got back on the site after getting in from Calif. Great seein some more local Ranger owners getting signed on. I don't live too far from Everett, might be able to check out famous daves If the weather is good.

#9 ·
Looked it up on the map and takes about an hour and a half to get there. Good place for BBQ, probably have my daughter in tow...

Left you a reply on the other post about another hundred Ranger owners in this town alone, need to start spreading the word to the ones with a genuine interest about the site, get a contingent going.

#12 ·
Lookin forward to the gathering. Do have a small problem at the moment with the clutch cable on the fritz. Was coming to a stop and the swedge on the cable by the pedal broke off and looking for a place that has the steel swedge replacements. Been a while trying to drive back to the house doing the synchromeshing with the throttle to change gears without using the clutch.

#13 ·
dang thats not good any way i can help? so you just saying the clutch cable its self broke or where it attaches to the clutch pedal? if i know exaclty what im looking for pull a part here in arlington right have it they have a butt load of first and second gens out there right now and i can just pick it up for ya and bring it to ya?

#15 ·
DRKSHADOW said:
rangers are hydralic, so you are looking for the cable off of a foxbody mustang, right? 8)
Reallllly wish it was that simple. I had problems with the header being in the way to use the mustang cable, ended up discovering :lamp: an e-brake cable from the explorer rear was just what the clutch needed. Really smooth action but the weak link turned out to be the steel swage that's attached up to the fabricated clutch bracket, had some corrosion on the cable from a while back and was only a matter of when it would break. Can't find anybody that carries the steel swages and trying some alternatives. I'll change it over to hydraulic if i can get a hold of the external slave cylinder that mounts up to the t5 bel housing bolts. Crazy when nothing is standard about the drive train anymore.

#17 ·
This is the third time tryin to figure out a reliable clutch cable system and just about reaching the end of my rope with this one. Tried using a steel crimp to hook it back up again and only lasted for 2 pumps of the clutch pedal before sliding out again. Almost have to consider ordering a whole new e-brake cable or let the wife know how much it's going to be to convert over to the hydraulic system. If that wrecking yard near your house has another intact 5 ft e-brake cable from an explorer, i'd definitely see about making a trip out there to pick it up. Only takes 10 to 15 minutes to get it hooked up and driving again.

#18 ·
Good news and bad, turns out Schucks/Oreillies can get a replacement cable assembly, too bad it won't be here by Saturday. See if I can get over there for the next meeting. Kickin myself for not checking on a new part sooner, oh well, live and learn.

#19 ·
Hey man no problem i could of snagged one out of an explorer for ya but they i would have to drive it out to ya and now they are closed and i work till six tomorrow so im going straight to the meet from work but ya if this all works out we will have one next month! :) ill take pics!!

#21 ·
Did anyone else show up to famous dave's?

Still waiting for the cable to show up, gettin antsy to call up another parts supplier. Called up the Ford dealership parts dept in Mt Vernon and got quoted $80 + tax for the same $20 part, only difference is next day delivery. I'll keep the fingers crossed on Oreilies for the next couple of days.

#24 ·
I'll check out the pics in just a bit. The cable situation kind of ticked me off a bit, found out on special order items they were supposed to have it paid for in advance, dam. When were they going to tell me, about a week later after calling them back to find out it was cancelled. Hope it comes in now without any further delays,

#26 ·
While i'm on a roll, the truck should be able to drive soon, unfortunately won't be able to get to the next gathering. Been scheduled for the next maintenance trip to Virginia and will be checkin out olfordtruck's ride while over there. Anything planned before then?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.