Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning I am taking ole yeller up to the shop to get some new 31/1.5/15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires put on. Im pretty pumped and wondering if I will even get sleep tonight because of it.

I do have a question though. I know that I will have to fork out the $$$ for calibration of the new 31s but does anyone know how much different the speedometer will be off going from my stock 235s to 31s?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! That will help out a lot until I can get the speedo adjusted.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya but what size tire do you have now cuz 235 is how wide it is means nothing as far as the speedo bro the second number means from the rim to the top of the tire. so if you have a 235 65 15 and a 235 65 16 the 16 inch tire will be bigger cuz its 65 from the rim.

·
Registered
711 Posts
right on man can't wait for the pics but i thought you wanted to lower your truck?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock size is 235/75/r15 and new is 31/10.5/r15.

I do want to lower it one day but that will be years down the road when Im in the navy and after I get my 2014 mustang. When I drop the truck ill be dumping a lot of money in it it for coilovers and all sorts of stuff. So I figured for now lets get some 31s and drive those for a few years to see how it is.

About to head out in a few minutes to get them put on!!!!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
awesome!! get some pics man

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
BADINTEN said:
ya but what size tire do you have now cuz 235 is how wide it is means nothing as far as the speedo bro the second number means from the rim to the top of the tire. so if you have a 235 65 15 and a 235 65 16 the 16 inch tire will be bigger cuz its 65 from the rim.
read his(west) whole post, he never said just 235 is 28.9" tall he said 235/75/15 is 28.9" tall.

·
Registered
583 Posts
BADINTEN said:
It doesn't really matter how big the rim is. "235" is the width of the tire in millimeters, then "75" or whatever the number may be is sidewall height in percentage of the width. So a "75" series tire would have a sidewall height that is 75% of 235 mm. That turns out to be 176.25 mm tall for just one sidewall. Double that and you get the total sidewall height. Add in the wheel diameter and you get the total tire height.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Congrats man! Must get pics!

I remember when I got my first set of 31's... good memories there! I think I got stuck that... LOL

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i could read his (west) post Fordzilla but how dose that help me for what ol ford had at the time. i can see what west post just fine and instead of adding to a post your acting like all the other forums saying read IT read IT no ****. west thanks i didnt know that it was a % the mex tire guys told me it was from the rim.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
BADINTEN said:
i could read his west post ford zilla but how dose that help me for what ol ford had at the time i can see what west post just fine and instead of adding to a post your acting like all the other forums saying read IT read IT no **** but and west thanks i didnt know that it was a % the mex tire guys told me it was from the rim
I cant pick out your kindergarden typing, but loose the attitude. What I said made perfect sense, you were only referring to the 235 and as West stated, the second number is a percentage so really it doesnt really matter the rim size

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
df;glkja;otyih;ortdjasl;k thats kindergarden and you didnt say much besides LOOK AT WHAT WEST POSTED IT SAYS THE TIRE SIZE. my point is that west made a post saying a size and converted it not that ol ford had that tire size at the time. so i asked old ford what size tires he had. that when you came in acting like a jack ass from any other ranger site saying someone already stated the tire size.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Calm down guys.... lets not let something simple and unimportant piss each other off. We are all friends here. Plus, your arguments are jacking my thread fools!!!!! Im posting pics as soon as I can find my cord to my camera...lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
well find it already! ;D

·
Registered
984 Posts
new boots always makes a guy feel better. ;D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
BADINTEN said:
df;glkja;otyih;ortdjasl;k thats kindergarden and you didnt say much besides LOOK AT WHAT WEST POSTED IT SAYS THE TIRE SIZE. my point is that west made a post saying a size and converted it not that ol ford had that tire size at the time. so i asked old ford what size tires he had. that when you came in acting like a jack ass from any other ranger site saying someone already stated the tire size.
um ok. if you have a problem with me being a "jackass" just pm me, theres no need of it being all over this thread about tires.

Jason i seen the pic on facebook with the 31s, it looks awesome! those tires are on sale every week in 31x10.50, i wouldve got them for my ranger if i was keeping her

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
fordzilla said:
BADINTEN said:
um ok. if you have a problem with me being a "jackass" just pm me, theres no need of it being all over this thread about tires.

Jason i seen the pic on facebook with the 31s, it looks awesome! those tires are on sale every week in 31x10.50, i wouldve got them for my ranger if i was keeping her
Okay, stop now or I'm closing this thread. I want to see these tires and we shouldn't be thread jacking Jason's thread. Misunderstandings happen and we move on. No need for this to continue!

We're all friends here!

Jason,

where the hell are the pictures? LOL! ;D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
He has one on facebook, I guess he just uploaded it there mobile, and it looks great!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea they are on facebook from my mobile uploads. Look in the mobile uploads and Ranger 2010 album for pics of it. Still trying to find the damn cord for the camera so i can upload them to photobucket.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts