Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was examining my engine yesterday to see if I missed any mud, and as I was looking, i seen what looked like oil leaking at bottom of engine right below crankshaft pulley.

the sway bar is in the way, but this is right above front suspension and right below crank on front of motor.

I know for sure its not the oil pan, it is clearly leaking from behind the crank pulley. It wasnt there 2,800 miles ago when I changed oil. Im not sure if the mud puddle I went through at the beach cause this. After discussing this with STL, sand may have gotten in there and tore the seal, but we are not sure. What we are sure about is that it is for sure leaking and i for sure is going to get fixed!

So now this leads to me asking...How in the hell do you replace the seal? I have a Haynes Manual, I'm not sure if it tells how. I know I am going to have to remove the cooling fan and schroud to make room. even so, its going to be a ***** to get to. from the bottom, the trans cooler hard lines are an obstacle.

So what do i do, just pull off the drive belt, remove above items, then remove pullet and harmonical balancer? how do i get to the seal and how does it come out? someone please help!!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sorry for your luck. I can't help you, I don't know these motors yet.
Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well its kinda the same as any motor the oil pan needs to be lowered if not taking off all together bro the seal is locked in by the old pan and the balencer and pullys also have to be taking off too hope this helps illl get you more info asap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts