Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question has to do with this. I'm putting a 4 in lift on my 91 2wd ranger. The brake line up front look like they may be an issue. Do you guys think I'll be ok? Or is there an easy way to extend the lines? Or am I going to have to replace the whole length of brake line. I thought there might be a way to just add 6 in or so. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I don't know if you can get an extension for your existing brake lines, but you should be able to use f-150 lines. Ask your parts counter person to pull some lines and compare to the original replacement lines he pulls from the back. Should be pretty easy to find some ~4" longer. And they don't necessarily have to be f-150, try Chevy and other brands if necessary. I did that with my '91 ranger.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
They typically sell extended brake lines with most kits. Check out skyjacker, they have steel braided brake line extensions.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ok what happen to the two piece brake line someone on here used not to long ago it was a ford piece. im looking for it know but we will see if i can find it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts