Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 5 speed trans in my explorer sounds like im flying around in rev. that odd sound of rev. but its with the forward gears some have said i need fluid ive never messed with these trannys before any ideas if its fluid ill flush it out and put purple in it getting ready to do front and rear end in it as well purple is my best friends never went wrong with it ither lol.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i would think your almost empty on trans fluid but im no transmission guy, thats just my best guess

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the same here i dont no crap about 5 speeds im sure its not much worse to rip them apart and rebuild it but dont want to if i dont got to ill look into the fluid thing in the moreing.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can rebuild trans. just never done a manual trans but i dont want to if i dont have to thats why im asking if neones has a clue of whats wrong it by far should not sound like the rev. gear does.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It very could well be that a bearing is failing. I am assuming you are hearing something like a whining noise if I am thinking correctly? Does it sound similar to when a front wheel bearing is going bad?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kinda but a lil more forcefull.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kinda like a moan after getting tagged in the sack.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trans shop said it was the clutch getting low

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they said it was the clutch getting low so im under the truck changeing the oil and fuel filter and drip in the forhead and runs into my eye after fighting with the burning i look further and the seal the conects the tail of the trans is leaking but the clutch is getting low as well but its also leaking so im going to have some one else pull it for me and i get to rip it apart and replace seals inside as well as rev. gear not much and ill be inside it as well so y not. ill try to post pics up of the whole thing being done hopefully step by step this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts