Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I put the truck in reverse it went fine in gear, I drove in reverse maybe 20' and it felt like I had hit something. The truck shook, I didn't really hear anything. I got out and didn't see anything, but the truck wouldn't go into reverse. I toggled thru fwd then reverse a few times and it went into reverse. I drove a few miles to the store and the same thing. Now I am home and no reverse. Then fluid level is fine but smells burnt.

I have a 2nd interview tomorrow, all indications are that I will finally be hired after 4 years unemployed now this luck. The job is 50 miles away and the only way there is through the Cajon summit(moderate elevation mtn. pass) I have read stories of being able to drive forward even though there is no reverse gear. I can deal with this of course. I am just afraid of the whole tranny going out completely.

I have never had a problem other than hard shifts from 1st to 2nd since I got my ranger with 86k mi.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
there is a lock out pin for reverse i would pull the pan and see whats in it but get a new pan gasket if you see metal on the mag in the pan bad news. keep in mind you will see a lil fine fillings but if your mags packed your not going to be happy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts