Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the forum on google, looks like a good informative placer to hang out online.....
Love my old Ranger truck....it sure beats hell out of the mopar dakota I was driving prior.......LOL
Take care
Steve

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
welcome and im a huge ranger guy but drive a 01 dakota as a dd til my ranger lives again

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also new..... just like newbie i found this on google... i now have a 96 ranger the 4 banger with 8 plugs?? never in my life heard of that till i got this truck. but curious on if anyone else has this engine and feels like its not enough ass in the 4th and 5th gear?? i also just put in a tachometer and its peaking at 5k?? is this normal or should i try a better ground spot??

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
@USMCworker;
Welcome. Personally have no experience with 4-bangers. The rpm does sound low, more inline with the 6's, but that is my opinion.

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well i will look at my clusther to see what the red line is but why did you put an aftermarket tach when you can just put in the factory gauge with a tach. i love the 4 banger some hate it as for power in the 4th to 5th ya gears would help if not more power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the aftermarket one because i figured they were cheaper and i honestly didnt even think of getting the factory one?? this was the first time ive ever had to buy a tach and didnt know any better honestly.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
no problem was just wondering as for the rpm i have not had time to look at my cluster

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this forum from one of my friends in South Africa. I asked him to give the address of this forum. I wish i will be here for a long time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts