Ford Ranger Forums banner

New window Tint Today!

10K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jameiread 
#1 ·
For Christmas, my wonderful grandmother gave me money to have my windows tinted on the Ranger! It's in the shop as I am typing this. I decided to go with 15% on the three back windows because I value seeing while backing. On the front two, I went the the legal 35%. I think it will be just right! Pics to come after my lunch break (hopefully).

I went with a local guy who's been doing it for years. I talked to a guy i work with and he said this guywas doing it when he was in school. He offers a lifetime warranty on any defects in his workmanship. The only thing he doesn't cover is if it turns purple because of using wrong cleaner (with ammonia). I don't blame him on that though. I have personally seen his work and it is AMAZING. My fiance's daddy had his F-150 wheels done by him and i thought they were factory tinted when i first met him. Ya'll have to deal with crackberry pics today as I forgot my camera at home :(

WOW these pics make my truck look awful! Ill get better pics when i get it cleaned up and use the fiance's new camera!

See less See more
#9 ·
idk yeah i think im going 20% up in canton the blue guys don't really care unless ur a dope head or a pot head so I'll clear on that hole thing but its raining today so i cant do it and the shop is full of wrecked cars i gotta fix so but once i start tinting ill take some pics of steps that i take to tint windows there's a little secret that the tint guys dont want u to know about
ill take before and after pics as well

#10 ·
i dk why it didnt post pics, i copied what i had from another forum...lol

FIXED, again sorry fr crappy phone pics, ill get better pics when i get to clean her up

#12 ·
whiteboyfromgeorgia said:
looking good homie how mush did that $$?

and if they said 15% in the back u got ripped off
15% should be darker than that what kind of film did they use do u know/?
:'(
it is %15, the sun was really bright though. all 5 windows were $120

#15 ·
It looks clean as hell man! Some place around here wanted $250 to do all my windows... They said like $120 just for the rear slider...

#16 ·
Dang, thats expensive! Theres a place that wants $120 for mine but ive already got it dark enough on the back due to the edge edition and all i got is the reg cab windows... cheap bastards... $60 a window? hell no i said!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.