Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm JC

I own an Automotive shop is Portland Oregon. I have a 1994 Ranger that I have decided to turn into a project truck. First things first Suspension. I want to Run 33x12.50r15 MT/R Kevlars and I was looking at the skyjacker 5.5 inch kit. Any thoughts on this?? better ones ?? Worse ones ??

The kit # I am looking at is #236RHK-AN

I will be using this on road and off road. Though when I go play I like to play hard.

Thanks in advance

JC

·
Registered
711 Posts
that kit should be just about right. can't go wrong with skyjacker. welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yup, Skyjacker is the best of the best, the Skyjacker "Class II" kit is the best one on the market, it comes with the extended radius arms and transmission crossmember if your looking for more flex. but like stated before, the regular Skyjacker kit is still the cats ass.
welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I've read elsewhere to watch which drop pitman arm that is in the kit, apparently the arm that is needed [FA600 Extreme Drop] is longer than the one provided. This may have been fixed since I read about that problem over a year ago.
Edit; What is your primary purpose for this vehicle?

Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fordzilla said:
Yup, Skyjacker is the best of the best, the Skyjacker "Class II" kit is the best one on the market, it comes with the extended radius arms and transmission crossmember if your looking for more flex. but like stated before, the regular Skyjacker kit is still the cats ass.
welcome to the site
Glad to be part of the board. Been a Jeep man for many years figured I would give this little ranger a go. Look forward to helping some people out as well. Love me some Diag.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
rangers are awesome trucks for offroading, espically the pre-98 ones. alot of people dont realize the potential they have and just title them as the little pos truck. when in reality, if you have one with a d35/8.8, its the same as the half ton truck. besides for the engine, even though the 4.0 is a powerful beast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts