Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Garrett and I am a longtime ranger enthusiast. Ever since 2016, I have driven an 05 ranger single cab fleet truck, it had a 4banger and a 5 spd. I loved that thing and drove her many places in north and south Carolina. But now I'm in school for wildlife management in Lowcountry South Carolina, and to add to that I'm 4 hours away from my parents whom I visit often. Space wasn't really bad at first but as hunting and fishing gear started making trips with me I knew I had to do something. So I purchased a utility top for the old girl to try and alleviate the problem. With an average 22 mpg I did my best to find reasons to keep her, but frequent trips in the woods and pulling boats I knew she was reaching her useful limit. Also, I anticipate an internship in the midwest this summer and hopefully a job after that Finally, after looking at about 204 k on the odometer I knew it was about time to let someone else enjoy her.

Ever since middle school, I have wanted a super cab ranger 4wd v6 5 spd, but apparently everyone who has one likes them as well because they won't let them go without a fair bit of money. But not soon after I convinced myself that a 4wd SUV was all I could afford, I found it! I have just gotten a 06 Ranger Supercab FX4 Level ll! It is beautiful! The previous owner has replaced the motor with a new Jasper engine! It has around 9k and one year of warranty left, the reason the ower was selling cheap is that he thought the trans was grenaded, and I admit I thought the same, which is why I bought a used one from the junkyard. In hindsight, I should have let the mechanic look at it first, because it wasn't the trans at all! It was the clutch, it somehow spun in itself! ( I have pics of the clutch and the truck below) I've been driving her for about 4 months now and I have to say that I wouldn't have any other truck!!

And that's my introduction! I apologize for the novel haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the clutch, it broke at the springs, according to the previous owner it was a fairly new clutch
. my mechanic said it was very low quality though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts