Ford Ranger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
got a lil board so i started installing a few neons in the explorer hopefully my actuators come in soon.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
sorry theres no reason for 4x4s here in our town plus ide only need the 4 wheel drive for winter so summer gets the nice rims winter gets .... (not telling)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
lol sorry

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
x2. very sad to see an explorer like that

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Remember guys, to each their own! If that's what he wants to do to his truck, let him do it! Who are we to say what he should or should not do?

It looks good IMO. At least he has the option (because he bought a 4x4) to lift it later if he would like. :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
im not lifting it but im going to be puting a bigger tire on it the tiny tires came with the rims but at alomst 300 a tire the summer will have to deal with tiny tires for now my other tires the factory one were all diffrent sizes.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
change of mind not changeing tires riping 4x4 out buying a new explorer this comming week end and its 2 wheel body not as good but it will be my monster project. so thins one gets lowered 3in. but ive got a lot done sence ive started my p.t.o. at work love making money sitting on my azz and even better working on my own truck. pics tonight...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
swaped out the old stuff bought a 3.5 indash dvd deck. ill post up more here soon

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That's sick. What brand is it? How much did it run you?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
im not sure of the brand and about 100 bux 80x4 sounds amazing better then ne deck ive had before.ive got a lot of pics to post up but just been to lazy to post them on photobucket lol ill get them on here soon hopefully today.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice. 80x4 is alot better than anything I've ever had too. I think my Alpine I have now is like 52x4 or something. Do you have aftermarket speakers also?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
oh ya alpine 6 1/2 front and rear and 2 1500 watt 12s powered by a 2400 watt mono block directed amp. and im gonna be up gradeing the alpines to smd 5 in componets powered by a directed 600 4 channel amp and putting in 2 more 12s and a second 2400d amp. ill get some pics of it today for ya.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Dude, that's a huge setup! I really want to see pics of this thing!

Have you upgraded the battery or alternator also? Would you need to in order to run a setup like that?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
4 12s is really not bad on the chargeing system but thinks to the amazing ebay i found a 270 alt. for 150 shipped the battery ive not had a chance to upgrade yet but ill be putting 4 svr 1000 batts. and about 200 foot of 0 gauge wire im hopeing for a 140 db is what im trying for im just waiting for the other 2 subs and batts to come in but alone the 2 make me vomit there stupid loud.ill try my best to get pics today hope the weater isnt gonna crap on me today.ill post build pics of it as it comes in the mail.dan we need a audio slot. lol edit the main thing in a upgrade is think of it like this take a tiny strow and suck water throu it then take a paper towel roll and suck water throu it a lot more and faster same on how wire work upgrade you chargeing system upgrade all your body grounds that run from the batt to the chassie then take run one to the block and then run big wire (0 gauge) from the batt to the alt that tiny wire even with out haveing a system is what kills your alt so easy the strow trick. ill see if i can find the vid for this upgrade heres the vid for ya to explane a lil better so you can see what im talking about. http://youtu.be/iX9Rcq5DnKw

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
heres 2 of the 4 just waiting for a lil bit of cash to get 3/4 mdf
my attempt at covering this is most likely the only thing that will reamain not glassed the roof will even be reinforced due to body flex the 4 audiopipe subs will change to 4 re subs the start about 700+ each

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
heres the up graded speakers for the rear
300 watt each planet audio 6 1/2s my slightly up graded fronts alpine
my small highs amp not really powered yet mtx thunder 400 mostlikely will be sold and ill be getting dei 600 4 channel amp insted
my directed 2400 d true watt amp. high power out put 1 of 4 soon
this style amp is becomeing very hard to find now but im still finding them slowly.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
geeh youall couldnt even wait till i got the new tires could ya so now here they are sorry ive not been on move out of drama and now happyer then ever

21 - 40 of 42 Posts