Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so thanks to there being so many 4x4 on here i was left out so not now but like always ill habe to put my lil twist on things i wasnt goona post this till it was painted but i was called a trader so i put it on here lol thanks badinten hAha. but here you go by the way badinten i need a second one of your logo for the other side of the truck looks kind of goofie lol
ive stoped the ranger project due to the fact the new motor had the same problem the oil pump was out so i just selling parts off her and keeping odds and ends for the explorer. but ive got a new ranger comming soon promiss.
theses are from the day i got it other then badinten custom stickers thank a ton again man. more to come the inside gets it first because it really need it bad no joke ill post pic of why soon.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see this build! I am officially jealous of that manual transfer case!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know i know i should have i traded it off for some of the parts for the explorer. going soon to look at a 99 in the morning its the 4 banger i think but its got the radious arm relocators already on it its lowered ungodly low.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya im around im not going newhere im here to stay i got a new project that doesnt have the dreaded push button 4x4

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok not starts the mod on the truck ive still got to get some pics of everything but i started with the boaring shifter knob and plan on doing the 4x4 shifter the same way ive already got the knob loose it will now just pull off.i put the normal shifter knob in the 4x4 shifter for now till i can find a 2nd one. that kind of matches it. but the door panel is replaced
but not the same color but it doesnt matter with the plans i have with the truck. heres a few things the trucks is getting
and my lovely repair parts

·
Registered
585 Posts
cool start! what are you plans with this? are you going to lift it and use it as a 4x4? that would be cool and not just use it as a pavment pounder. cant wait to see more

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well plans for this are hush hush but i will tell you theres no place to mud run around here inless your a big mudder most is old peps owned and wont let neone on them but its not going to be a low rider ither more info to come i start work soon so money for this truck will go check to check and every check at that too i will pick up something for it every week....

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
looking good man. glad to see an explorer on this site, i love them. 4.0 and a dana 35/ 31spl 8.8, cant beat that.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Did the pre-95 Explorers have the 31-spline axle? There's a ton of those in a junkyard near here... I could use one for my BII.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yup

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
pretty sure the only difference in the 96+ rear axles are the disc brakes

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now that might a nice lil project to convert over i got my truck back from the shop today runs and drives smooth no to find out why i have a check engine light on.time to start checking sencers the explorer hasnt even broke 100k yet even. gonna start o2 and mass. thinking mass is dirty. thanks fordzilla finding tires for my lil idea is becoming very wallet breaking looking for a meaty 20in tire thats not too tall and will fill the wheel wells well with a 3in drop.oh ya and i hate u joints lol at the fact every one of them had to be replaced.the custom stuff comming soon ive got the next 2 days off yay finily

·
Registered
585 Posts
yea discs, 31 spline axles, bigger ring gear, and limited slip in some, its deffinatley worth it to put an explorer axle in a ranger just remember to get the master cyl. for the disc brakes.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i got the rims on and rolling but i did incounter a small problem,ive got lock out hubs so the the front center caps cant be put on till i buy a second set and mod then with a hole saw lol.
night time view with my ass in the truck.

·
Registered
901 Posts
More pictures please, preferably during the day-time.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
promiss ill grab a few tomorrow providing no f-ing rain lol edit:sorry i will for sure get pics tomorrow for sure im off for the next 2 days yay for me lol.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts