Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right area to put this but it is a project sort of. I just got this 06 XLT from a friend for 200 dollars and finally got some work done on it. I had to tow it home because the fuel pump was bad and it didn't have a battery. I got it in the shop and got to work. First thing I fixed was the battery terminals. They were rusted and broken. Put a new battery in it, crank but no start. Took the bed off and found a lot of rust and scale on the frame. Replaced the fuel pump, put in some gas and it fired right up. Nice! Wheeled it outside and spent an afternoon descaling the frame. Pulled it back in and painted the frame with a rust inhibitor. Next the rear brakes were sticking so I totally rebuilt them and installed new parking brake cables. On to the lift. I'm going to be driving this for my business so I didnt want to get too crazy so I went with a 2 inch lift. It took me a couple hours to get the bolts out of the shackles but it's done. I will be putting the new torsion keys in this weekend and all new shocks. I also have a set of steel wheels coming and was given a set of BF Goodrich KO2's with 95 percent tread. My son is coming over to detail the interior this weekend and if I have time I'll detail the exterior. The main issue I'm having with it is the gauges arent working but I'll post about that in another thread. Here are some before and during pics.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts