Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would say hey to everyone. I'm from Macon, Georgia and I just bought today actually a 2002 Ford Ranger FX2 thats stock as of right now. I have a few plans for it but nothing drastic. I wouldnt mind going on some trail rides with a few guys if theres a group of yall that get together.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh thanks I appreciate it! yeah I just saw I put Fx2, yeah I meant a Fx4. I actually bought the truck today from my dad, I don't know much about these trucks other than its a 4.0L V6. What are these trucks capable of stock? and what kind of gear ratio is in the rear end? I've heard before its 4:10 gear ratio is that true?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
hmm well cabable stock i will give u pics of what they can do stock cuz pics are worth more than words lol well i have 33 inch tires but at the time of these pics most things on my truck were stock

ofcourse i have afew extra mods in some of the pics but stock fx4 rangers i thick are better than jeeps wrangers lol in my opinion

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, GA!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey man! I sent you a message, my sister lives in Columbus, next time I come into town can I shoot you an email and you can show me some trails?

and man thats freakin crazy! I never would've thought that little ranger was that much of a beast if you just unleash it, and thats some hella suspension travel! My dad had this truck for 8 years and babied it the entire time, it never got a speck of dirt on it. I'm afraid to say, I think thats about to change. I'll post pics of me and my old lady muddin as soon as it rains down here in Georgia, its been hot and dry here lately

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That sounds good man!

Yeah, Red Demon abuses his poor truck... haha J/k

He does what a truck is supposed to do 8)

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
That sounds good man!

Yeah, Red Demon abuses his poor truck... haha J/k

He does what a truck is supposed to do 8)
and this truck is about to get new 33/12.50/15 wrangler mt/r's with kevlar and a 6 inch coilover rcd lift that replaces the torsion bars :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright sweet I'll let you know next time I come into town (I just dread going through Talbatton, theres NOTHING there!)

and thats pretty impressive flex man. Those tires sound pretty sweet, gotta pic of em? I see that the ranger came with Rancho shocks, what kind of lift do these trucks come with stock?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I wouldnt mind seeing the tires you're gonna get for the ranger.

I saw some tires I'd love to have, they look great, Procomps X-treme AT's.

I'd love to get these is 33x12.50x15's

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those are some good looking tires, aggressive! yeah i was gonna do some research on tires before I got anything, like I said before I'm not in the tire market at the time, and yeah I wouldnt put a lift on it right now until i go trail riding or mudding and see that it's necessary

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
drumguy126 said:
Procomps X-treme AT's.

[img]

I'd love to get these is 33x12.50x15's[quote=Red]

[IMG]
[/quote]
[/quote]
RedDemonII
What is wrong with the Procomps compared to the tires you pictured? I don't know much about tires so I'd like your reasons. I think the ones you pictured would be really good both on and off road, it looks like an open tread design for mud with a center that's good for traction on pavement. They almost look like someone took a grooving iron to them. The Procomps look like they have better siping, which is better for wet and ice?
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
ok lol well i shall tell u my knowlage of working with tires yes those procomps are great with wet and pavement and dirt roads buuuuut they have a little harder rubber cuz they are all terrains than the ones i pictured the ones i showed are mud tires also and softer rubber
the procomps are good in light offroad and road driveing but mud tires are going to be ofcourse alot better offroading and certain mud tires like these i posted are also good on the road

1 - 20 of 20 Posts