Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ranger the start of the build by next yr it will look nothing like this after the paint the air ride and custom interior with audio and video.
my motor (new) this is a before pic
my old blowen motor junk
my engine bay before pic ill be cleaning sanding and painting and air brushing the bay of what you can see and whats not gonna be cut out for the tires to come up throu

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know ive been doing v8 swaps in a lot of stuff i own but its something diff. was thinking of doing the rx7 motor out of a new jdm rx8 and turbo the hell out of it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had 1 for a week the rear main seals went out. and i was young so i had no idea how to work on really import motors.before schooling 35k later free from the gov. yay lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did forget it well i didnt go to the shop today but i will get it tomorrow my lil girl and i are going to work on the firewall in the moring.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill snag some pics of the progress as well im hoping to paint it tomorrow evening. hoping for that im taking the week to finish the fire wall and por 15 the frame pulling the useless **** out of there and getting a new over flow tank.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
so when i weld up my floor can i just use a primer for now and then spray the rubberized under coating will that get me by

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any kind of primer you can use but the best for that idea is use rustolem i thank thats it but you can also use and this would be your best bet you have the water based law there use etch primer and then ne other auto based will work but lay the etch first no matter what.3m is the best and you dont have to put a lot on it just one even coat will do this keeps water out and bonds to ne thing it touches.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i got the rustoleum lol i have had great luck with them so im going with it

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok that works your not fighting salt all over the place it will do good you should seem seal the under side of the welds as well

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
what do you recommend for that it a caulking gun tube right i just cant remember the name lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
seem sealer 3m makes it as well take a thinner and wipe over it to slooth it out wylle it still wet of course.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya i talked to my buddy to see if he has the hook up on this sealer so i will know in the am

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gettin hook up is the best way to go

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did you ever get the sealer yet with the hook up deal

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know the feeling i was suposed to meet someone to look at the lincoln mark 7 im tring to sell.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts