Ford Ranger Forums banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
auto to manaul swap, thats a mod not to sneeze at . i get dis enchanted with my truck all the time , its like the never ending road of busted knuckles and owing the F--- jar $$ . when this happens i go out and shiny it(the truck) up step back and have a long look thennnn ,,, just build some thing! you said you need spring hangers and shackles . ? do the chevy spring swap . now you have fixed and modded it . more or less my approach if you have to FIX it any ways .just build a better one,dont even have to go that far .some times its the small stuff have to do the brakes well f it i will paint the drums and calipers well its apart. and generally when i complete said projects i am in love with my truck again. ;D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I really don't know what to do because my mind changes pretty much daily if not hourly. The pratical side of me says to sell and get a fullsize that will get the same mpg and be able to do 10 times the crap my Ranger can. But the fun side of me says to keep the Ranger, lift it, put the V8 in it that I bought for my machining class, and drive the **** out of it. But that isn't really a practical daily driver. And the Ranger is just so small as well.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you should be able to pull better mpg out of a ranger for sure and the more space you have the more **** you take the more **** you take the more your truck weighs the more it weights the less mpg you get its a big ass chain reaction

·
Registered
984 Posts
BADINTEN said:
you should be able to pull better mpg out of a ranger for sure and the more space you have the more **** you take the more **** you take the more your truck weighs the more it weights the less mpg you get its a big ass chain reaction
lol how true . i will admit that trying to drive a lifted V8 ranger as a dd,, thats as practical as a good book in a brothel. you will be happy with a new ride ,but wont be long before your feeling the same about it. your a motor head .you can help it . if you sell you will regret it later

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
your a motor head .you can help it
Better clue me in on how to help it, because I ain't got the slightest clue. Its a disease like AIDS, there ain't no cure. lol.

The truck that I would really really really want is a 99-03 Powerstroke, 01+ Duramax, or a 03-06 Cummins. Even if I could ever afford one of those I wouldn't be able to make up my mind. I just want it all. lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
They didn't really get super crazy with the emmisions crap until 07. Some of the early to mid 2000s diesels have some minor emmision stuff like EGR that is easily removable without any serious negative consequences.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well then again your not in ca any one newer than 98 is smogged out all kinds of bullshit you have to do for ca

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Ahhh, didn't realize you were in Cal. I pretty much vowed never to live in a state that does strict restrictions. lol. I couldn't survive.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
If you could somehow pull it off, keep the Ranger and buy another truck. I don't know how your city/county tax works, but mine will allow my truck to not have insurance as long as it's not being driven. All I have to pay is the tax.

The way I see it is an unfinished front suspension wont take a thief very far... haha!

Like Sloue said, you'll probably regret getting rid of it later. I kept my 97 (and my BII for that matter) after I bought my F150 and I'm SOOOO glad I did. I only kept the F150 for 2 years and the Ranger disease relapsed...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well with all the ranger **** i have and how much i like them its just like drugs. you dont need them in your life but man dose it feel good. and them you get that feeling its hurting you (repairs and upgrades lol) you try to stop maybe even get rid of them in your life but youll be back. then you starting to feen needing your fix and bam another ranger or you pull yours out and start to work and or drive it again lol.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Well, just found out a couple of days ago that I do in fact actually have comprehensive insurance on my truck. Had it since lie last year actually, lol. So now I am going to find out if I can still file a claim for an accident that happened like 2-3 months ago. If I still can, my bet is that the truck will be totaled, but who knows.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i can do it ill cut you a deal even tho it wouldnt be much of a deal bringing it all the way here lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
If it does get totaled, I am walking away and getting rid of it. Taking the money and running. lol. I have too much money into it already, and it still needs more. I will just get my tonneau cover off it, the front header panel, headlights, etc, and hopefully I can get my tires off it. I could probably make a couple hundred bucks with the tires, and then get my money back out of the cover that I just bought like 3 weeks ago on craigslist. It kinda sucks that I put on the $180 headlights, grille, header panel, etc on the truck then literally the next day or day after found out I have insurance that would cover it.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts