Ford Ranger Forums banner

My FSB build

11K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  badinten 
#1 ·
Some of you have shown interest in my 86 Fullsize Bronco, so I'm gunna post my build here.

Its an 86, 302 4 barrel, auto, 4" lift.

See less See more
#2 ·
Started doing some cheap mods since I can't really work on actually fixing the truck all the time cause of the weather. So I started painting the rims and found the speakers I'll be putting in it.
Rims:

Speakers:

Now I just need tires so I can put these back on.

#4 ·
got me a radio w/ speakers:

and heres the front wheels on the truck:

Heres he stereo Ill be putting in it:

I cant really do much to it till March, which sucks, but oh well.
So, I found a set of 33x12.50-15s for $100 that I'm going to call about today, and I'm waiting to get the flexplate from another member on here. When I pull the engine I'll go through all the wiring, flush the cooling system, change all the fluids. I'll probably do the exhaust at that time too, since I'll most likely break the bolts for the y-pipe. And I'll start on my custom gauge panel, does anyone know if the aftermarket speedometers connect to the stock drive?

#5 ·
This is what I'm stuck w/ till I get a new bezel. Cheapo gauges and my new radio..

My new dimmer switch:

I'm in a really good mood now. Got my flexplate in the mail, and picked up my tires.
Force 4 33x12.50R15LT's

the best:

the worst:

compare sizes

new size

old size

Yea, this will be one of THE ultimate budget builds. It will cost me $50 to mount and balance them if I can't get my friends bro to do it at the high school. I'll be keeping track of what I spend to. I still need to get a lot of parts together to.

List of stuff to fix/replace/paint:
Rear tire carrier
interior panels
351W
exhaust
fuel sender
both shift knobs
dash window switch
power window switches
gauges
radio/speakers and wiring
cooling system
heater controls
mirrors
door handles
front bumper
trim
remove steps
get matching spare

If anyone has any suggestions on what else to do, let me know.

#6 ·
Pics of the grille and better pics of my rims.

Better pic of the 79.

And I found out someone was messing with my truck and my friends 79 the other night. My friends dad went to let the dogs out and saw someone snooping around, it looks like they knocked it off the jackstands too.. It sucks but oh well, the tires I put under it kept it off the ground though. I hate people.
Time for pics:

#15 ·
I like it. I have a stock '80 FSB w/351, parts for ranger. lol. I had to dic with your vid to get it to work, any body else have problem? Anyway, good job, keep it up.
Richard

#16 ·
alwaysFlOoReD said:
I like it. I have a stock '80 FSB w/351, parts for ranger. lol. I had to dic with your vid to get it to work, any body else have problem? Anyway, good job, keep it up.
Richard
Yea, idk whats with the vid. Any pics of yours? And do you want to sell any parts?

#19 ·
So heres the **** list.
Crank and pistons for a 400M
C6 rebuild kit
rear disc braks
F350 master cylinder and bosster
Tbird front calipers
35's
fix the rear window
rewire the whole truck
custom bumpers
mesh over all windows
gunracks
storage bins
roof rack
lights on the rack, front bumper, a-pillar, and rar bumper
fix rust
replace hood
tint wintows
headlight covers
sliders

I think thats it...

#20 ·
nice build love the full size stuff.IMO i would not sink any $ in to that 351/400 m they are boat anchors . you are better off with the 302 for the same cash you can get that 3o2 to buzz harder than that 351/400m ever will. just a small piece of advise about the stock coil location, it is **** why ford put them there is a mystery. they heat up the on top of the Mannie. let alone that you ever have a fuel leak are get that baby tilted over far enough to spill out the float bowl vents . the coil is under the carb and the risk of fire is high. i lost a ltd this way! the coil fits nicely on the front of the drivers side head close to the dizzy ,away from the carb and in the direct path of air from the fan to help keep it cool.highjack done :-X keep the pics coming

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.