Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hav prob with my engine..overhaul twice in dec 2011 and may 2012 but still.. the car unable to start. once the mechanic started it but it work only for a while..the engine oil were blew out to the turbo hose, air filter and to the place where we used to check the level of the engine oil. the air is blowing instead of sucking in.. help me out..

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well i would love to but its really hard to understand what you wrote in the first place. not that im the best writer on here. you have a ranger its an 04 what motor is in it. what do you consider an over haul and what turbo hose also how do you check the oil now if not by the dip stick also i want pics of all this please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
over haul-changing the engine head, piston,ring, kon rod etc..after reinstall the engine but then stil wont start as before over haul. i pulled out the hose(turbo), hose to the air filter, checking oil level..all of this part has black oil in it..the air from the engine is blowing out which also blowing out the engine oil. before doing the overhaul, it was the same prob..black smoke came out from the part i mentioned earlier. can only start after hard word of pulling it with another car..no power and engine stop.. new batt, new fuel pump, new engine parts.. sorry, i dont have the picture..its hard to explain as i dont know about engine.. my previous engine head was cracked..

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
so what size engine is it? if it has a turbo did it ever run since you had? it is fuel gettin? is the timing set right also did you do a compression check? you said it had a cracked head did anyone deck the motor to see if it was flat before putting the motor back together

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sounds like a lot of blow-by. Who rebuilt the engine? Were new rings used?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
it does sound like blow by but i still want to make sure what the set up is and if it was ever running or is the whole set up messed up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we took the engine to a local workshop to do everything..but then they dun start the engine for running and i took back the engine for reinstall.. yes new ring.. new piston...all this while the car is used at logging road.. 70% of usage was 4x4.. i thought after over haul twice it should be good.. what are the things that i need to overcome this?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
ALLANG said:
we took the engine to a local workshop to do everything..but then they dun < what is this word?start the engine for running and i took back the engine for reinstall.. yes new ring.. new piston...all this while the car is used at logging road.. 70% of usage was 4x4.. i thought after over haul twice it should be good.. what are the things that i need to overcome this?
BADINTEN said:
it does sound like blow by but i still want to make sure what the set up is and if it was ever running or is the whole set up messed up
^^^ this is essential.
ALLANG. how much money do you have to fix this. What is the truck used for, work or play. If it's a work truck, it may make more sense to go with a different used motor.

Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
work of course..the only one..if i have knew it i rather go for new motor..since i hv spent too much on it, so i hav to go with it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Right now you don't have a truck to go to work. Buy a cheap $500 truck for now until you figure out the problem. It may be that you never figure out the problem, in that case I would save money for a guaranteed rebuilt motor, so that if there is a problem you can get a loaner truck. I have bought a lot of $500 trucks that have lasted anywhere from 6 months to 5 years. It helps that I do my own mechanics but it's still an option for you.
Good luck,

Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
richard

i would love to but here in Sarawak, Malaysia its hard to get that price..i have spent around RM12k ($4000) for my engine..well, guess tat ford isn't my thing anymore.. anyway..tq for the reply.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The shop has no guarantee on their work? Can you take them to court? Get your money back?
I hope things work out for you,

Richard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts