Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My Mustang pretty close to right after I bought it. Yes its a V-6, but I bought it when I was 15 with my own money, so its not like I could afford a V-8, little own insurance. This was also taken before I had dual exhaust put on the car. Now the bad...

The process of me pulling the motor while scraping the car. Sorry for the crappy quality pictures, I used my Blackberry camera. It was a sad day :[ I miss the car a lot.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you should have put the motor and trans out of this in your ranger. o ya and the dash and seats and center cons too

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a pre 99 3.8 though, they were only single port with a measly 150 hp. Though I am more of a fan of the 3.8. I still have the motor and trans as well.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
o i know the mustang v-6 very well and im pretty sure it will still move the truck just fine that is if yours was a stick i had the 99 v-6 with a flowmaster and cai it smoked my buddys 96 every time lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, the motor can be a torque monster when you start pushing it. It would just need some work before it would be able to beat the 4.0, so I might as well direct my time/effort towards that.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well if you just take the intake of of a windstar van it will help out a ton power wise. and its like an oddity thing having that motor put in a ranger making it a cool swap i might do it one day always wanted to put i would use the 01 v-6

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can convert an older 3.8 into a split port injection. I had the stuff to do it when I had the car, but never got around too it due to a lot of modification. Guess it would make the engine even more unique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts