Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You should add a 4x4 systems section for Transfercase, Hub, and front driveshaft questions. We should also have an Axles section for discussions about swaps, gears, and seals, etc.

I also think the "Transmission Help" section should just be called transmissions, same goes for brakes and whatever other "help" sections there are. This way people can post up modifications and alterations that arent necessarily in need of help. I just figured it would allow people to show off things that can be done to better there truck before it breaks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
In my opinion, having a different section for each type of RBV makes it harder to find information. Since all of the vehicles are very similar, if the information i need on my axle, is in the forum for 1997 rangers, and im looking in BII's i will never find it. I think you should make categories for parts of the vehicle, because even though someone is a ranger person, they may know alot about broncos too, and vise versa. Then if you wanted you could have a chat section for each type of vehicle too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
And honestly when everything says ranger styling ranger drivtrain ranger suspension it maked others (BII) feel unwelcome. When all of the information is very similar.

And it could be

General discussion:

Ford ranger
Mazda
Ford BII
Ford EX
Ford F150

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To a point. There should be sections for each type of RBV so items specific to that type can be discussed.

Like say a discussion on how to remove the curved windows on a B II. Those curved windows are specific to B II's and dont fit into any generic RBV discussion.

Or a discussion about how to remove the chrome trim around the window of a ext cab B-series truck, Rangers dont have that chrome trim/ black border around the windows.

Or a discussion about the leaf spring shackles on a Exploder, unlike a Ranger or B II an Exploder's shackle straddles the frame and doesnt have a separate hanger riveted to the frame.

-plumcrazy

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yes i understand that much, but i think there should also be sections on each part of the car. Which to the most part we have. But we need some, such as axles. And i dont think everything should have ranger before it, because they apply to more than just rangers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dyllanvenezio said:
Yes i understand that much, but i think there should also be sections on each part of the car. Which to the most part we have. But we need some, such as axles. And i dont think everything should have ranger before it, because they apply to more than just rangers.
Maybe Ranger could be replaced by RBV (Ranger Based Vehicle)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ok you guys do have alot of good points however thats what the search button is for if you needed more info on a part that is on all the trucks like axles you would do a search. but what if we did stuff like an axle section and when you click on it there would be sub post that said 9" 8.8" 8" 7.5. you think that would work

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BADINTEN said:
ok you guys do have alot of good points however thats what the search button is for if you needed more info on a part that is on all the trucks like axles you would do a search. but what if we did stuff like an axle section and when you click on it there would be sub post that said 9" 8.8" 8" 7.5. you think that would work
I dont think there is any need to have the subsections. As long as you are sure to state what axle you working on whether is be a 31 spline or 28 8.8 or a 7.5. d35, d28's, and d28/d35 hybrids could be discussed. Lockers and L/S could be discussed as well

·
Registered
753 Posts
And swaps could be discussed as well.
Sub sections make it hard, if there are too many categories things can go into.
Searching for what you need is harder than it seems.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I hear you guys loud and clear! Made some changes to the board, let me know what you think!

I changed the font color on the "General Ranger Discussion" because I dont want it to get overlooked.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Not at all! I didnt make the site just for me!

I want people to feel welcome here and like they have a voice! Not all sites are like that you know... ;D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rngrdanny22 said:
I hear you guys loud and clear! Made some changes to the board, let me know what you think!

I changed the font color on the "General Ranger Discussion" because I dont want it to get overlooked.
I like what you did with the site.

-plumcrazy

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts