Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the thing on this egr i cant start the truck the motors blowed but ne who when it did run when you pluged the egr in it ran like **** but when you unpluged it it ran better but still like **** cus it knocked like a train running over a honda what was its deal egr is something im new to is it bad cus there like 200 buxs new ive got a 80 mm one off my lincoln if i have to steal it but the calbration would be off by a mile.but i can take and re calbrat it and also thats a lot of air. oh and whats the lil vac lines going to the stock air box tring to build cold air intake for it but if there needed ill have to really mod one. dont mind the wording or all that im tired and not paying attion edit:i was tired last night so egr is really mass air...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Re: egr acts funny tring to get to bottom of it

the egr are you sure thats what it was your are talking pic maybe

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: egr acts funny tring to get to bottom of it

duh mass air sencer im was really tired last night.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can try cleaning it. You can pick up a can of Mass air flow cleaner almost anywhere, or you can use electrical cleaner. Just take the intake off and in the sensor housing there will be a little wire needle looking thing which is the part you want to clean. But also the sensor can go bad and no amount of cleaning will fix it, but I would say 90% of the time, it just needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill try that i was just tring to make sure of it because my now motor i want to run top notch

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
for sure clean it first and if you do have another one(as long as it has the same plug )you can use the mass off of just about anything

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats tru to a point you can. you can also change the sencers out of its housing as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts