Ford Ranger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I put a manual in my truck, I need to get a manual pcm for it. The truck is a 1996 4x4 4.0L. I am not sure what years would work. I would assume that it would have to be 96-00 because 96 was the first year for OBD2 and 01 trucks went to the SOHC engine. If you know of where one is, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
why do you need it is the truck not working with the auto pcm

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck runs just fine, I just have the O/D off light blinking at me all the time. And I would like to make it as factory as possible.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ok so besides the light every thing is running good them right?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
What if it were actually your guage cluster that is off? I know the manual Rangers have a different guage cluster (to not show which gear it's in). Do they even have the O/D light?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the cluster is the same really but the auto has a tach almost all the time and the stick dont to get rid of the P R N D 2 1 pull out the cluster and look at the bottom there is a piece of tape and a clip holding in the plastic piece you just change it our for the blank one from a stick cluster

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I know it is not the cluster that is off. I plug in a scantool and I get like 20 some codes for the transmission sensors that aren't getting any data because there is no automatic trans. lol. I did just find one on eBay that came off a 1997 so I will probably order that one sometime soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.