Ford Ranger Forums banner

Lowering Coil Buckets?

9K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  alwaysFlOoReD 
#1 ·
hey guys, would it be cool for me to lower the coil buckets on the frame so it will raise the truck? i'd like to be able to make some coil buckets of my own someday but just for now would the be possible? i hope this makes sense lol

#2 ·
Hmmm... you may not be able to lower the stock buckets because of their shape and the way they contour the frame. If you were to make your own, you may be able to mount them lower, but you will also need to drop the center bracket as well to keep everything in line...

#3 ·
yea im not worried about the axle pivots at this time lol i just want to accomplish everything at a time and try to do as much custom work to making a susp lift as possible but obviously some parts will be bough because i dont want it to fall apart when im cruising down the road haha

#4 ·
If you need just a couple inches in the front, I recommend looking into some coil spacers or some springs from 95-01 Explorers as both will give you about 2"

#5 ·
yes im still debating, either way i want some new coils like probably 2 or 3" coils and the rest probably 2"s of coil bucket lift

#7 ·
rngrdanny22 said:
go for lift coils and the spacers! ;D
daniel, its not that easy for me to go order a set of $150+ coils, were not all as rich as you unfortunately! haha jk. but for now i think im gonna make my own coil buckets and add a spacer an get 4" lift out of that, get some axle pivots fabbed for 3-4" lift by a local garage, and when i save up some money ill replace the stock coils and spacers for some superlift or skyjacker coils so it will be just custom buckets and some pricey coils lol

#8 ·
The coils shouldnt be too much if you get 'em out of a junkyard! The stock explorer coils are 2" taller... I bet you could get 'em for less than $30!

#10 ·
well im getting explorer coils with my d35 and 8.8. so i can really get 2" lift with those coils?
awesome!

#11 ·
I'm pretty sure, but let's run that tidbit by our resident lift expert Plum... lol

Plum, are you aware of this? Thanks man!

#12 ·
PlumCrazy said:
If you lower the bucket you will limit the amount of stuff (as in wheel up travel).

-PlumCrazy
cool, never thought of that. thanks! i gues explorer coils and spacers it is lol

i got a pic of my d35 and coils ill try to find it

#13 ·
heres my front axle and coils, love this pic haha. and sorry no pic of the 8.8 but i will be donig the spring-over-axle on it to give my ranger some lift along with my 2" blocks

#15 ·
Is there a way to use f coils in a modified bucket? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere. I know I've seen adapting f shock towers to the rangers. I don't know anything, just asking.
Richard

#17 ·
PlumCrazy said:
F series coils can be used, but they are bigger around and sit quite right in the buckets, not to mention they are stiff as hell when there isnt a V8 and a full size body sitting on them.

-PlumCrazy
Sorry to thread-jack, but in my race truck where I'm jumping it all the time, would that be a good low buck alternative to lift coils?
Using the stx bracketry and extended arms. I have an '80 fsb I can take the buckets from and it has 2 shock brackets. That and a 64" spring swap that I'm contemplating ??? Thanks,
Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.