Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out why my basically stock '87 ranger truck is pogo-ing off these whoops. Rules here; http://wheel2wheel.ca/Rules/W2WModified4x4Truck2010August.pdf - Read page 4.
Click on pic for video

I'm using the stock STX Highrider suspension on the front with the addition of an extra pair of shocks and some tweaking to allow a little more bump [ up travel ]. The back is stock leafspring with the addition of an extra pair of shocks.
I know this is old school stuff but I'm hoping for some insight on WHY this is happening. Perhaps there is a thread or link to another forum that can give some basic understanding of 'stock' suspensions in a race environment or hopefully one or more of you can help in my quest for knowledge.
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
just to stiff .. ranger springs where designed to carry the truck and a load . combined with the two shocks a side the rebound is way to fast.softer springs and better shocks will help lots . i would try one shock a side first .and see what that does

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I agree with sloue. Test how it runs with just one shock instead of two. If you notice a better ride quality, then try to get some softer springs (i'll check around for brands/prices for ya).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
I'll try taking out a leaf or two as well as one shock. Pricing/availability would be good to know as well. I will be doing a chevy mainspring in the near future, I'll let you know how it goes.
Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
^^ :D ooh i would not go saying that. i just know what has worked for me and what has failed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts