Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Is there anyone out there who could tell me where the chassis VIN is located on a 2001 Ranger R/H drive UK spec turbo diesel?
I need this information urgently by tomorrow please,my mechanic is unable to locate it and cannot find the info anywhere on the internet.

I would be really grateful if any kind person out there could help :) please :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK,perhaps I started off on the wrong foot by asking a question....?

A little info about my Ranger.

I bought her four years ago and have had trouble free motoring and lots of pleasure and hard work from her ever since.
I rely on wood for heating my home and have collected and transported a ton,ton and a half at a time,harvested from my own sustainable woodland,no probs...she just purrs along.

Moving from UK to Bulgaria she pulled a 6m trailer carrying all my goods and chattels heavily laden without any trouble all across Europe....I cannot sing her praises highly enough,she is a diamond!

She was origionally with the UK Fire Service as a support vehicle,and after 12 years still only has 75,000 miles on her clock,genuine mileage.She is a beauty,fire engine red.
I have said it before,but she is the best vehicle I have ever owned but I risk losing her if I cannot locate her chassis VIN,she could easily end up as scrap if I cannot find the number.....it is locate in three separate places elsewhere,dash,under hood and sticker on door frame,but no visible chassis VIN.Mechanic cannot find one either....was no VIN put on chassis pre 2004? Is there a 'hidden' Vin? Do I have to take her to pieces to find it and prove this vehicle has not been ringed? Should I risk losing her?

I cannot drive her as she has been exported from UK to Bulgaria so I cannot get insurance or MOT....I am really stuck here.Have tried contacting Ford UK,no luck.....scoured the internet for advice and very little response.

This is a stab in the dark,my last chance,she deserves better so if anyone has anything that might shed some light I would REALLY appreciate the help.

Thank you if you are able to advise,

Lucie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts