Ford Ranger Forums banner

lifting an 02

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  badinten 
#1 ·
I have an 02 4x4 and I'm trying to figure out the best way to lift it. I'm looking at getting a body lift for a quick fix to bring the nose up (front bumper is kinda low). I want to get a suspension lift but not sure what to get. I've only found 2 kits online a 4in from superlift which cranks the torsion bars and a 5.5in from rcd that replaces the torsion bars with coilovers or making a custom one but I really don't have any experience with that. Any body got any ideas?

#2 ·
You dont need a kit at all for cranking the t-bars... just crank them yourself to where the truck is level and you have yourself a free leveling kit! An allignment is a good thing to do after that though to make sure evrything is straight and tire wear isnt off.

#3 ·
Oh, and the skyjacker is the most popular body lift i would say... lots of people get that for the ranger. And coilovers are great swaps, especially the ones you can adjust the stiffness and height, but you would be paying an arm and a leg just to get them ordered!

#4 ·
i agree with old ford truck i just ordered the skyjacker lift kit for my 99 there the best in its class and also crank the t-bars up as well bc thats a free leveling kit lol but anyhow get the skyjacker kit and raise that bitch up lol

#6 ·
Olfordtruck said:
Oh, and the skyjacker is the most popular body lift i would say... lots of people get that for the ranger. And coilovers are great swaps, especially the ones you can adjust the stiffness and height, but you would be paying an arm and a leg just to get them ordered!
Performance Accessories is probably the most used Body Lift... I think they are around $200

#7 ·
ya i agree with the torsion bar crank to level it out and bring the front up. i did it on my truck had to buy a caster camber kit(30$) and get an alighnment brought it up quite a bit , enough for 33s to not rub, also if your front sits to low rip the valence off , cheap plastic **** anyway.

#8 ·
rngrdanny22 said:
Olfordtruck said:
Performance Accessories is probably the most used Body Lift... I think they are around $200
the boss man is right they (pa) have been selling there kits longer than any other kit has for the body lifts

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

#12 ·
Ah, that might be part of the price difference then... still dont think it's worth the extra $100 though... LOL

#14 ·
I've heard great things about the PA lift as that's what most people tend to go with (for Rangers at least)... I havent really heard anything about the Duff lift...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.