Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sick! Great job man!

The only thing to look out for is your driveshaft. With the 6" lift or higher, it puts a ton of strain on our carrier bearing. Mine wore out in about 3 months with the Skyjacker 8" lift.

I put a 98+ one-piece 4x4 shaft in mine and it works great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Mine has a 1 piece shaft already so I guess I lucked out. I was really surprised that I did not have to lengthen it. But it looks to be plenty long.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That looks good. How long did it take you to do? I saw that you have a shop so it may have been a little easier for you. You should also give us some stats on your truck and what type of off roading you like to do.
Cheers,

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Tireman357 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Mine has a 1 piece shaft already so I guess I lucked out. I was really surprised that I did not have to lengthen it. But it looks to be plenty long.

Ah, well that is lucky! I notice from your picture that your dash is the 93-94 style. Mine is a 97, so they may have been different.

alwaysFlOoReD said:
That looks good. How long did it take you to do? I saw that you have a shop so it may have been a little easier for you. You should also give us some stats on your truck and what type of off roading you like to do.
Cheers,

Richard
I agree, what type of wheeling are you into?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts