Ford Ranger Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
i bought one!!!! suspensionmaxx.com adjustable leveling kit..179.99 and the send you the torsion tool that just looks like some kind of clamp for free to borrow and then you send it back..check um out let me know what you think..i youtube it..that how i came across them..im gonna do it myself with another buddy who knows some stuff.. ;D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Good for you! Now when you install the kit, take notes of what tools you use and how you did it [and pics of course] and do a write up for the tech section. I don't know anything about your style of front end and would like to learn.

Richard

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
ill def do some pics..ill take some of the pieces themselves..i was gonna crank um but i figured these where pretty cool to have..bf authorities here i come.....

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
cool would be to save your money and get something else lol and when you get some time post up pics of your truck in your profile and add a lil something about yourself

·
Registered
655 Posts
i did that on my mazda and it snaped off the bolt that is.had to take it to a mech. shop and have the stud removed and put a bigger bolt in and a grade 8 bolt crappy mazdas and there crappy bolts lol by the way it was pre ranger mazda

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the reason it snapped the bolt is prob cuz you didnt take the weight off the truck so your lifting all that weight on the bolt making it a weak point

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
And if it were an older model vehicle, rust or weakening from age may have also played a factor.

·
Registered
655 Posts
it was a different one i had when i was like 20yrs old. the motor blew as well so i pulled a turbo motor out of a probe nice lil truck then i got tired of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
i did buy it..im jus tryin to figure out if i wanna do the back at the same time..demox fx4 has his ranger on 3 inch lift and i love the way that sits..now im not sure what to do

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just DO it. You can hem and haw about it after. Sometimes the hardest part of a job is starting it.

Richard

·
Registered
655 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Just DO it. You can hem and haw about it after. Sometimes the hardest part of a job is starting it.

Richard
hey youve got a 4th i agree its like skool all over again peer pressure not really but it will look good that for sure

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
ok..ill call my buddy today n see when he has some time for me to use his garage..i guess ill start with the 2inch in the front an go from there..

·
Registered
655 Posts
that the way to go block are cheap and that way you get to deside what your looking for.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts