Ford Ranger Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alright olford. . . . just bought my ranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol im shakin im so excited

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see pics man!!!! Whats the stats on all of it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Im gunna take pics tomorrow in the daylight so itll be sparklin!!!! and what kind of stats??? lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Stats like sub model, engine, interior color, anything and everything to paint a picture!!!! LOL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Red said:
yes what are the stats on ur ranger and u should listin to my exsaust for my 4.0 it's louder than olfords 3.0 :) ???
yeah, lucky! Its okay... one day I shall have my 4.4 stroker wiith true dual super 44's... then I will have a louder truck! lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Basically, there's two bolts underneath the truck that you tighten to get maybe 1-1.5" of lift in the front. Like Red Demon said, it does put some extra strain on your front suspension. You will also need to get a new alignment afterwards.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
torsion bar keys can break and cause damages. just turn yours up about 2" and your set.

Red said:
yes what are the stats on ur ranger and u should listin to my exsaust for my 4.0 it's louder than olfords 3.0 :) ???
or you should listen to my 79 bronco.. my big block will show up them little 6 cylinders! haha

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i done the torsion bar crank on my old mazda, you WILL be fine it isnt going to break anything, unless you go all out you can get 3" of lift but that would ride like hell and really push the limits of that suspension. you can go up to 1-2" though perfectly fine. and i beat the hell out of my old truck with 2.5" crank and even put her airbourne a couple times, so no it wont hurt your suspension. just dont over-do it

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I cranked my torsion bars on my F150 abount an inch and have had zero problems!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ok so this is really what happens and why it rides ruff after you crank the bars. first you can max them out if you want to the probel is your bump stops ride on the a arms so it dont have the travel it should (making it a ruff ride) i dont think you should max them out but its your truck after all

21 - 37 of 37 Posts