Ford Ranger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any thoughts on a leaking slave cylinder
i noticed that when i drive around town i dont lose that much tranny fluid byt if i go highway as soon as i get off highway and come to stop wont go into gears then when i manually go through them (auto matic tranny)And then all the sudden they slam into gear no signs of leak under truck at all ??????????? thanks again

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I thought your tranny was a standard in your other post. An automatic doesn't have a slave cylinder, sorry for the mix-up. I know nothing about auto trans.

Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts
any thoughts on a leaking slave cylinder
i noticed that when i drive around town i dont lose that much tranny fluid byt if i go highway as soon as i get off highway and come to stop wont go into gears then when i manually go through them (auto matic tranny)And then all the sudden they slam into gear no signs of leak under truck at all ??????????? thanks again
get another truck or get use to it blowing out every 15 to 30k in 18 years i replaced mine 3 times. and there is no brand better then the other and there are no heavy duty or racing one...... huge mistake on fords end using cheap borgwarrner transmissions my uncle's 29 year old ranger went bad once after 155,000 miles. and 15 years of driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
get another truck or get use to it blowing out every 15 to 30k in 18 years i replaced mine 3 times. and there is no brand better then the other and there are no heavy duty or racing one...... huge mistake on fords end using cheap borgwarrner transmissions my uncle's 29 year old ranger went bad once after 155,000 miles. and 15 years of driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts