Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found out today that my winch is gone :'(, but.....
I'm storing a late 70's bronco for the son of a friend of a friend of my wife's. I've had it here for over a year and a half and haven't seen nor heard from him since he dropped it off. I was visiting with my wife at her friends and mentioned I had not seen Nate since he dropped the truck. Two days later, today, I get a call saying he is sending me a bill of sale :super: 8) ;D ;D ;D It's an Eddie Bauer with a [iirc] 351w auto, body 7/10. I'll take pics tomorrow.
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice! Late 70's Bronco's are my favorite body style!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It,s been a while since I looked at this truck. It's an '88, not sure on motor, auto. There is some rust on rear 1/4's. Over all not in bad shape. It's missing the rear glass and spare tire carrier which I have, and I have tires and rims to throw on from my '80 rust bucket bronco.

Any info you guys could share would be appreciated, thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
583 Posts
The eight digit of the VIN is the engine code classification. It looks like it is "n" which after googling it, it turns out to be a 5.0L 302. If it is a "h" then it would be a 351. And its too bad that it wasn't a late 70s. I definitely think that the older ones are definitely more capable than the style you have. The older style has a solid axle up front verses the ttb that you have.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for info, West :knight:
Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts