Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just installed rebuilt tranny and put new radiator sense transmission cooler went buy heres the deal
my gear selector is a lil bit off on gears selector kinda sits inbetween the r and the n and the d and the 1 so kinda sits to the right of the letters and numbers any suggestions its a automatic transmission on a 2002 ford ranger 3.0L

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Hmmm... this is a typical issue with automatic rangers. It could be that the plastic clip in your guages isn't sitting properly or that the cable may be a little stretched out.

Did this happen only after swapping in the new transmission?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it happened sense i installed new tranny goes into gear but just not reading correct gear on dash also o/d off keeps flashing during strart up but goes off during driving but once back in park starts flashing thx again

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok adjusted gear selector where white clip is thats in perfect position. but now when im going to stop truck after driving down the road it is slamming gear i wanna says first gear i mean slamming almost like its not down shifting or something until it sits for a second then realizes its in wrong gear and im getting a high reeving sound not from engine but like fan or something until im at 3 grand dunno very lost here

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Checked fluid?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts