Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Ranger today, its a 2002 Ford Ranger Fx2 Offroad with BFgoodrich 31x10.50x15 AT tires on it. I bought it from my dad for $9500 after he bought himself a new 2010 F150 Fx2 Sport. I've noticed this truck isn't particularly fast, I'm assuming it has low gear ratios for offroading? I was curious to know what the horsepower and torque on this truck is. Its the 4.0L V6. And what is this truck capable of as far as offroading stock?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Take a picture of the door tag and someone will decode it for you. [ I can't remember off the top of my head who does this on this forum, sorry for my lack of memory]
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
The trucks are very tough for offroading in the stock form. I had one exactly like yours a year or so back and it was a beast offroading.

Is it a 5spd or automatic?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

yeah I plan on putting some MT's on it as soon as these AT's wear down some, but these tires are just about brand new so i'm afraid it might be a while, will those Goodyears's hold up alright off road?

And its an auto tranny, wish it was a 5-speed...

·
Registered
711 Posts
the R7 code means you have a 8.8 with a limited slip and 4.10 gears. thats about the best stock set up they came with if you want to wheel it. 8)

207HP @ 5250 rpm
238 torque @ 3000 rpm

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh well thats pretty freakin good news then thanks! the hp rating on it kinda sucks but the torque is pretty decent. so with that setup you reckon it could do some pretty good trail riding and muddin?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here are the pics red demon of close and the interior. the back is a little messy, but I work a lot so I kinda live in my vehicle haha!

the 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler

need I say more?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Pics are looking great! I notice the UGA plate... niiiiiice!

GO DAWGS!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks I appreciate it, I'm trying to think of ideas to do to this. I'd love a bull bar on the front but the ones I've seen are around $700 and thats just not in my price range.

and oh yeah I've gotta have my Georgia tag on any vehicle I own. I gotta represent for my DAWGS!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I definantely would like to get some Procomp Xtreme AT's in a 33x12.50x15, and maybe a inch body lift or so. How many inches lift do these trucks come with stock?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Sick stock truck man! You have the best flippin combination between engine and stock L/S axle ratio you can get man! My neighbor is a Dawgs fan... hes got an entire room dedicated to them and just made new cornhole boards with Dawgs stuff all over it. lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh man! thats a freakin expensive lift! I think i'll just stick with my 31's..at least for now. I thought about leveling the truck but that wouldn't be any time soon.

Thanks man! I thought it was a pretty nice truck. Dad bought the truck when i was 16 or so back in 2002 and I've loved it ever since. I knew it was a pretty cool ranger but i didn't know it was all this. its a pleasant surprise and $9500 apparently well spent.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh sorry man I completely missed the Georgia comment haha! :laugh: yeah man i've been raised around the bulldogs, my fiance says I'm a little obsessive cause on Bulldog Saturdays I get mad when she talks to me when the dawgs are playing. thats amazing, cornhole is pretty freakin fun. you must be from ga?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Me? nah, just my neighbor is. I was born and raised in VA Beach.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh...well I feel like an idiot haha! but hey, goodyear...bfg...same freakin thing right? :laugh:

we'll just act like that never happened eh?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts