Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
It probably is that if the cv shafts arent stronger than stock then it probably failed due to the pressure the locker put onto it. Either get stronger cv shafts or just get a L/S diff.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it had the l/s before my dad put the locker in but i love the locker lol damn it climbs up hills fast but i really think lockers are better for straight axles my cv shafts were stock lol and now they grind so fucking bad and it puts drag on the truck when u are driving it down the road so i parked it till i put the old l/s in or my dad does lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
You ever thought about doing a SAS? I wouldnt if it's your daily though...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
How many miles on your truck?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I thought you had the eaton put in the rear? And no Ranger came with a limited slip of any sort in the front of any Ranger. They only came with limited slips in the rear. And are you running 4x4 on harder surfaces or pavement, because that will blow out the halfshafts as well.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well idk what was in the front but it was kinda on a sorta hard surface :angel: i didn't have a choice it was a wet hill and the top was dry and was curved and if i got a l/s for the front would it still blow them ? is that a good thing to do is put a l/s in the front and my dad installed the eatons for my b-day so he is the one who knows about them i just drive it

·
Registered
559 Posts
Actually, there were a select few D28 Rangers that came with L/S up front. I know plenty of people who have lockers on the Torsion Bar IFS that have no problems with stock CV axles. First thing is go easy on the skinny pedal. Second to crank the wheel and romp on it. Third is you have the torsion bars cranked it stresses the CV joints.

-PlumCrazy

·
Registered
583 Posts
I didn't realize that some Rangers had front limited slips. What model had it Plum? The STX high rider models or something like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts