Ford Ranger Forums banner

interior

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kidhueyS 
#1 ·
is there different year interior parts that would fit 96 ranger

#2 ·
Any Ranger 93+ will have interchangeable rear panels (in 98 the cab was lengthened 3"s so the 98+ reg cab panels wont work and the the 4 door panels wont fit in a 2 door super cab), headliners, carpets, and seats. (actually any BII, Ranger, or Exploder seats will bolt right in). The dash from any 95+ Ranger or Exploder. (somewhere after 2003 the headlight switch changed). The gauge clusters are hit or miss after 95. Some use cable drive speedos and some have electronic, and the later models changed some wiring around as well.

Come to think of it any Ranger rear panels will work, because I had 92 Ranger rear panels (w/o speaker pods) in my 94. And just about any Ranger carpet will fit, but the early manual rangers had the shifter further back so the hole wont line up in the newer manual Rangers.

And then of course exploder center consoles (shorties or full lengths) and OHC's from Exploder's w/o sunroofs will line up in a Ranger with a little bit modification.

#6 ·
Now it is very important to properly care for the interior. What's up with the plastic panels? I'm using the recommendations for car interior dressing Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing in which I learned that using a balancing mixture of cleaning products, oils and UVA/UVB inhibitors to protect and renew plastics, vinyls and leathers, leaving them shiny and sparkling after treatment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.