Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Ranger, 4.0l, Auto, 2WD. Recently the odometer stopped working so I found the gear online and replaced it. Now the odometer works great, but the speedometer starts about 40 and goes up from there. It's not smooth ...very jerky and never goes down below 40. Additionally my brake warning light stopped working. At first I thought maybe I had dislodged a connector somewhere so that it didnt turn on when I depressed the emergencey brakw, but then I realized that it was nmot coming on when the key was first turned on either as part pf the bulb test. So I figured all the jostling around had broken the filliment on that bulb. So I pulled the whole thing apart again. I found that when I put the cap back on the speedo needle, I had pushed it a tad too far and it was barely making contace with the face plate of teh speedo. So I fixed that. Although I could "see" nothing wrong with the bulb, I replaced it with a new one anyway and put the whole mess back together. So, nooowwwwww.......the odeometer still works great and as soon as I turned the key to on the speedo jumped to 28 and that is as low as it'll go. When I accelerate, the speedo is not linear with respect to the actual speed of the truck (in other words I cannot use 28 as the new zero). Also...the damn thing now regesters when I go backwards!?!?!?! To add insult to injury, the brake warning light still doesn't work. Help....please?? :mad:

Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts