Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new to these forums and new to ford and trucks in general... I am planning on selling my 90' jeep and getting a ranger. I am looking a few and would like some input/suggestions. Don't know if this is the right place on the forums, but I'll just list them off.

2001 super - 126k 4.0L V6 for $5500 obo
w/ roll top cover

1999 super - 109k 3.0L V6 for $5000

xlt 1999 super - 150k 4.0L V6 for $5000
w/ rebuilt transmission in 08', off-road package...

or a 1999 super - 132k 3.0L V6 for only $3500

All are 4x4.... I like the low mileage of the second one but also the price of the fourth...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Welcome! I would personally say the first or second. Low miles on them. I would get the first because I personally love the 01-03 body style but that one has a 4.0 as well. Or the second cuz if you take care of that 3.0 then it will last a long ass time! Got any pictures of these trucks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and what i'm looking to do is mostly daily driving but would like to put some sort of a lift on and maybe bigger tires in the future.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would go for either of the trucks with the 4.0. I love the look of the 01-03 front end, but I hate stepsides so I personally would go after the 99 4.0 with the rebuilt tranny. I would also try to get the price down a little bit cuz I think that 5gs for a truck with 150,000 miles on it is a little bit above where it should be.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I would have to agree with everything that West said from liking the 01-03 body but not liking stepsides to getting the 4.0 with a rebuilt tranny. You'll get more power out of that 4.0 with not so bad mpg.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yes 5000 seems a lil high... Oh and welcome to the greatest forum in the world... :super:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome.
If you're spending a lot, get a mech. to check the one you're most interested in, unless you can do that yourself. My $.02
Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I probably like that one the most. Just i little worried about the miles. And kelley blue book puts the price at almost 6000 for good condition, and that is what the seller is looking at.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
yes but your not going to get blue book when you sell any thing we all know that so your going to have to talk him down.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
First, welcome to the site!

Personally, I would go for the first one. I'm a sucker for the 01-03 front end and the fact that it's black takes the cake! ;D

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
First, welcome to the site!

Personally, I would go for the first one. I'm a sucker for the 01-03 front end and the fact that it's black takes the cake! ;D
Yes black is cool I like the white or the red too.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Haha... they are all very solid vehicles! I'm just not a huge fan of the 98-00 front end. However, it doesnt take much to convert the front end to the 01-03 model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first one is actually dark blue. But i like it as well. Tough decision. It has lower miles but the 99' black one has rebuilt transmish and off road package...and I don't really mind about the front end though.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Welcome to the site :super: lol

and i would DEFFINETLY get the 3rd

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
lol everyone on here is going to have a diff one they like so it's really all up to u all rangers are about the same the 4.0 and 3.0 engines are amazing and last forever if u treat them right so if u want to do more offroading in the future grab the offroad pakege one with the 4.0 if u don't want to do alot of offroading grab a 3.0 it's really all up to u i got me a 4.0 FX4 level II cuz i really live, sleep, and breath offroading it's in my blood so good luck man

·
Registered
583 Posts
What consisted of part of the off-road package in the 4th gens? I never really hear anything about them at all. Is it just a limited slip or something?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts