Ford Ranger Forums banner

How would you rate the 2019 Ford Ranger?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 2019 Ranger is a solid buy according to reviews from many owners and journalists. Approval rating sits at 80-85% so far.

From that are positives and negatives we should talk about, even compare to our own experience. For starters it gets a 4.5/5 for much of the same reasons listed below.

Test drive this truck back in February. I was impressed by the power behind the wheel! Don’t underestimate this little eco-boost. I used to own a Ford Ranger 2001, and so I like the utilitarian feel of the interior. My only big complaint is that the rear seats in the SuperCrew (4-Door) don’t fold down all the way. It’d be nice is it had configurations like what the Tacoma has. Other than that, I love the new transmission paired with the engine. It allowed for a smooth and quiet ride. That being said, I ordered a Ford Ranger 2019 FX4 and I’ll for sure be doing another review once I get it!

I bought a fully decked out Lariat 4x4. Test drove several Colorado configurations and they feel dated and cheap. The 2.3 l ecoboost in the ranger feels snappier than the 300hp v6 in the Colorado. Didn’t consider the Tacoma since it looks even more dated. The Larat inside feels modern and luxurious, and I love the way the ranger rides. So far I get between 21 and 23.8 mgh, not doing heavy city traffic though

So I have to say this is a great little truck. I own 2 F150 FX4 SuperCrews and was looking for a smaller truck to have for the woods and this hits the mark. When I got in the TACO I felt like its interior is dated and its not really that powerful of a truck. This little 2.3 turbo has some get up and go. I will be getting a blue FX4 Lariat when it gets built and shipped to me.

Purchased a brand new, 2019 Ranger. The third day of owning it, the engine light came on. I took it straight to place I bought it. They gave me a loaner and kept the truck. He didn't give me a timeframe nor could he tell me what was wrong. I called Ford Corporate and had a case manager put on it just to get answers and they said it will be Tuesday before they will know anything. That will be an entire week without my brand new vehicle. I don't think I will own Ford ever again.

I drove a Ranger at Overlamd Expo in NC. We qualify for Ford family discount; have 2018 Escape and 2003 Expedition with 210K miles, had 1990 Ranger until 2010 (great). Been been patiently waiting for new Ranger to tow 4,200 lb RV trailer. Specs are good, disappointed about no brake controller like available on the F-150. And, no good space to install one. Also, our Escape with 2.0L turbo seemed to have better pickup than the 2.3L Ranger; wish they offered a 2.7L eco-boost. Think I'll sit this one out....

I can't get around the fact that the appearance looks so "lady friendly". The power is okay. The confort is okay. Much like the new Honda RidgelineIt feels like a truck with the quality level of 5 years ago. Instead of trying to break new ground, they seem to be wanting to be more targeted towards non pickup truck users, which makes no sense. Just look at the options for cab and bed. There is zero versatility.

·
Registered
100 Posts
4 stars because its an overseas model that has been tweaked for the North American market. In others words, its not all it could be. 2020+ version is the real deal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Rod you might be right but I think we have to look past that and see this Ranger for what it really is.
Who knows, maybe after the new Ranger is out, certain thing about this version will stand out and be unmatched!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts